I had an affair

Hi Folks, I think if any woman jumps into bed with a man not her husband just to hear him tell her how pretty she is, is a sad apology for a woman. If one cannot respect ones self enough to have a need for others to stroke one's ego, then it indicates a deep disorder within oneself which needs to be addressed by an appropriate professional. It is a sad position to be in because if you are mentally and emotionally so low on strength and self esteem, your love for your spouse too, is questionable. The fact remains that if you cannot love yourself how can you love someone else?

Gina, someone suggested that you do not really love your husband. Please do a deep introspection and determine if this is true or not. If it is then set your husband free even if he opposes it initially. If not true then strain every fibre in your being to love him and ensure he knows it. That is the only way you can get out of this hole that you have dug for yourself. Best wishes.

• Like 2
  • Author

I thank everyone who commented. It’s been hard for us these last few years. I started writing my H little poems. They are not very good but he seems to like them. I’m looking forward to Valentine’s Day. Not our anniversary but the day we met. We were just kids. He bought me dinner and a balloon. We went “bar hopping” that night. I think that’s what we are going to do. Maybe I can get him to remember how great that night was. We didn’t have much money but we sure had fun. I want him to remember those days. He only smiles a few times a week. How I wish I could turn back time. He had embolisms last month and almost died. While he was sedated he mumbled he didn’t want to die a sad old man (he’s not old). It tore my heart to pieces. So I prayed hard that night. Prayed God would help him. Help us. He is ok now. On medication for the blood clots. And he seems a bit happier to me. Time will tell.

• Like 2
We didn’t have much money but we sure had fun. I want him to remember those days. .

May I suggest you bring the same amount of money you had that night, and follow the same steps (Avoiding spending too much for this and that) and make the money last and count.

Of course, hide a 50 in your shoe for a taxi back.

Don't drive there. Gives you more time to spend with him in the taxi.

But, I still don't like the fact you did what you did.

It should never have happened.

Hindsight is a 100% accurate measure of sorrow and remorse. Yet, its a tool to determine YOUR mistake. Not a choice. You made that yourself.

It was the "Poem" you stated you wrote him that made me want to add to your story here.

I like it, and so good luck to you both.

Ted.

• Like 1

Hi Gina, any updates? It's been some time since you last posted. Valentine's Day is just round the corner. Do let us know how your date with your husband goes. Warm wishes.