Relationship VS. Career

Yeah. I guess I broke NC, but i was referring to the fact that he was so strong, and then decided to send a message then breaking his NC streak.

I haven't blocked him because I was broken up with. I still care about him, and although our relationship ended and he didn't support me, I don't have an ill feelings towards him.

Look, if you really want to heal and are so bothered by contact from this guy then block him everywhere.

Blocking someone isn't about ill feelings toward them, it's about getting over it and getting on with your life. You have no control over his choice to reach out to you, but you do have control over what you can do to prevent that from happening as much as possible. I guess I just find it difficult to sympathize with people who won't block ex's but then turn around and complain about said ex breaking nc, "it set me back" and yadayadayada but I can't block him because of... reasons.

If this is really over and you aren't looking to get back together then there is no reason to leave doors open. Do all you can do to help yourself. When he finds a way around your barricades that is when it's time to become frustrated. In the meantime if you choose to leave the door of communication wide open, well, you get what you get.

• Like 1
  • Author
I want you to re-read your own statement. Did you ever consider maybe this actually was a game too him?

Maybe he was with you not because of who you are...but he was with you for what you could provide for him...

I hope you can see the selfishness of your ex at play here. Maybe your ex isn't who you thought he was, but now, fortunately, you are starting too see what kind of leech...I meant person...he really is.

Cant say that this is the case. I was too busy for a relationship, hadnt actually seen him in weeks, and was content with just maintaining phone calll/ text conversations until I made it to winter holiday where i could reset. He hated to text, and hated talking on the phone. I understand why he broke up with me, and that was because AT the time I was not attending to any of his needs. So i wasn't providing anything...... if we are being real. I was focusing on my job and health.