She wants to be ‘intimately exclusive’, but still see other people

Sm12345

• Author

I know. She basically double down, and is probably annoyed that I’m pestering her. :/

Emailing solved nothing.

I know. She basically double down, and is probably annoyed that I’m pestering her. :/

Emailing solved nothing.

What are you going to do OP?

You are a “date one woman at a time” kind of guy, and she is a “date as many guys at a time as she wants” kind of woman.

Can you live with it?

Basically you have a woman that just got divorced and likely will be slow to commit and will probably be seeing other guys while she is seeing you.

• Like 1
Scarlett.O'hara

I've always interpreted labels like "intimately exclusive" to mean, "I don't want you to sleep with anyone else, but I'll do whoever I want when you aren't around".

It makes sense, I mean why else would she want to date other men? To hang out as platonic friends? Please!

I would find it difficult to trust someone who asked for this sort of arrangement. There is no need to have silly labels like this.

I would advise you to wish her the best and lose her number.

It's your call.

• Like 4
  • Author

If I’m being honest, it only took one date for her to try to invite herself over. I think it’s only a matter of time before she tries this with someone else.

I think she's going to use you for sex and entertainment, treat you with a lot less respect than you deserve, while actively trying to replace you with a higher status man that she's actually interested in. And when she finds one she'll bang him first and then tell you, hey it's been fun but you've been replaced.

If you were cold and aloof enough to use her the same way without catching feelings it might be fun and convenient temporarily... but that doesn't sound like you. I think you're looking for a real girlfriend, and will likely develop feelings for whomever you're having sex with. At the very least your pride will be hurt and you'll regret allowing yourself to be treated like a doormat by someone whose respect you wished you had. I think you should pass because this isn't going to feel congruent, now or later.

• Like 6
Cookiesandough

She's already started the disrespecting! She's been very disrespectful from what I've seen. Suggesting FWB and turning it right back to where you started and being all snotty about it in that text exchange. Ditch her now, OP. Listen to us. If she were the last woman alive I wouldn't be saying this but you can to do way better.

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 3
If I’m being honest, it only took one date for her to try to invite herself over. I think it’s only a matter of time before she tries this with someone else.

You are probably right. I guarantee she told herself it will be a long time before she commits again and she is going to spend time seeing who she wants and doing what she wants. Right now she should hang out with other men in that same place, and you should find other women who want to be exclusive. I'm sorry it's not working out how you hoped.

• Like 1
  • Author

I’ve decided to back off, let her text first and pursue other (more local) options. I think it would still be fun to spend time together given our comfort levels and common interests, but I’m not going to seek exclusivity with her anymore. :)

• Like 4
heavenonearth
I’ve decided to back off, let her text first and pursue other (more local) options. I think it would still be fun to spend time together given our comfort levels and common interests, but I’m not going to seek exclusivity with her anymore. :)

I think if things are already this difficult in the very beginning, I would not invest more. Love should not be this difficult in the beginning stages. Things should be smooth, comfortable, mutual and exciting. You are worrying too much and it seems like you're more in it than she is.

Which means, you'll be disappointed in the end.

That is ridiculous. She will have sex with the next guy that turns her on. She is only human. I was in two "sexually exclusive" relationships and it turned out that I was the only one not having sex with others. She lives far from you so don't waste time on her. Find someone close by that wants what you want.

If by fun you mean you are going to enjoy banging her and forget she is seeing githers, then ok.

Make sure you do the same.

I agree with another poster. She is trying to word in in such a way so that you don't bang others, while she does.

If you see her use protection!

Stop with the emails and the questions she just wants to pound, no commitment, no drama! Ride it out and don’t get emotionally invested