How do you have the conversation?

IReallyLovePuppies

Anika.. thank you.

You are right.. She is in her late fifties. The are meant nothing as she is always beautiful to me.. she has raised that she's let herself go and for the past week, had taken initiative to improve herself physically.. diet.. Exercise etc.

I'm sorry for what you went through and I hope for someone as kind and gentle, that you've found someone whose similar in soul.. what you did make me want to give you a hug.. things like that balance the world. I've been in the bank for so long and the times I listen to divorce couple fighting over things.. the time they've spend doing it and the money involved, then they winner why they are more broke and unhappy..

May I ask.. How long did it take you before you went back into the dating world, or it just happened? How are you now?

My ex passed away 5yrs ago. I took it pretty hard and had to grieve for a couple of years. Then I did some superficial dating that never really went anywhere and now I'm just enjoying being single and doing my own thing. I don't feel like making another emotional investment in another person yet. I'm just enjoying investing time in myself right now. People tend to feel sorry for those of us who are alone, but I'm actually really happy. This is probably the happiest I've ever been. I don't feel alone because I have family and friends and a sweet dog who is a great companion:)

• Like 1
  • Author
IReallyLovePuppies
She will surely let you see the dog. You are being very fair to her. I'm glad things are amicable because that does leave the door open in case you both grow from this and find some reason to reconnect down the road.

You are right. She just messaged and asked if I want to spend some time with them today for my birthday.. it's funny, we laughed about the 2 years pact we made and although I know it's hard on her.. She knows I'm always here.

I've told her I'll always care for her and even if I get into a relationship.. The new person will have to accept I still care for the mother of my kids.. I believe that lessen the pain when I told her that.

Anika.. Don't wait too long thought. From reading posts in here..I believe a lot if guys will jump at the chance to get to know you better, do us a favour and don't stay away too long.. cause unlike you.. a lot of gals out there don't deserve a partner so you need to protect us from them!

But I'm glad you are happy

• Like 1