Fiancee broke up with me - should we get back...if she even wants me back?

MilesTruelove

• Author
MilesTruelove

Not to reignite and bump up an old thread but I just wanted to thank everyone on here for their help and advice. I also wanted to offer an update for anyone who cares. I often notice that on boards like these, people ask for help and then forever disappear which always seemed to defeat the purpose of such boards as you never get to see how these things conclude.

It hurts to say but you were right and I wish I would have listened to you from the get-go. But instead I did not and that ended up being a waste of my time, it seems.

So what happened with me and my situation?

We talked on and off from January to late July. Our conversations were admittedly nice and refreshing but despite conversing each day, she was always hesitant to see me. Over the past six months, we saw each other in person only six times. She claimed that she missed me and wanted to work things out but never seemed to have any time for me. We still live in the same city and I unfortunately must pass by her place daily on my commute. And... there is a car parked there from someone who she works with. Apparently this male coworker was going through a divorce late last year (when she and I split) and in order for the divorce to be final he has to live separately from his ex-wife for six months. So guess where he moved in? She tells me he moved in to the next building but that he does not have much storage space there so he stores things at her place (which is a huge place) and also parks his car there. Very convenient story, no?

Anyways, I tried to make this work but in the end, she never wanted to see me and she feels that it best if we "step away from one another and maybe our hearts will find their way back one day." I do not see that happening. As much as I honestly still miss her, clearly reconciling was not meant to be. I do find that I am angry about this now. I wasted so much of my life doing what I thought was right only for it to blow up in my face. I can recall back to our last month together and remember how she would always leave the house after fights and how possessive she became over her phone. One can only wonder if this thing with the other guy did not begin before we actually split.

I am better off now and have hopefully learned my lesson.

• Like 1
  • Author
MilesTruelove

That is kind of the point of me replying with an update. I should have gone no-contact a long time ago. I do not know if there was cheating or if it was after we broke up but that is kind of a moot point.