Feeling insecure with my friend -- now shes mad at me?

moonchild94

• Author
Good luck. Remember, there is always a way for those willing to look.

I just replied normally with exciting news and tried to keep it normal.

But now shes not replying. Shes acting kurt.

Honestly its annoying. I'm trying here and im getting flack for it.

I didn't ignore her when shes telling me about her dirty secret in the work she does. Shes a web cam model and works with clients and is messing with a married man. She tells me all this stuff and I dont judge her. I try to change the subject when she brings it up because I dont want to talk about but shes my friend too. But why am I being shunned now. I think thats why im feeling insecure. I feel like shes using me in a sense for her own gain because she her self is empty on the inside.

• Author
So it's OK. Don't overthink her brief responses.

I just asked her what she's doing and she ignored it and sent another dry/short answer about something else.

• Author
So it's OK. Don't overthink her brief responses.

You know what maybe your first response was right. We just aren’t compatible. Honestly this is draining for me. I’m being normal and texting like as normally do. But I can sense somethings wrong. I asked her how she’s doing and she dodged my question. At least when I was feeling down I told her I’ll be gone for a couple of days because my nerves are bad. I’ll talk to you later. But when I needed space she bombarded my phone with pictures. Her responses or should I say lack of is hurtful to me. Maybe she’s busy idk but I can feel something is wrong in my gut and that has never failed me. I’m just going to be honest and say I feel like something is going on and that it’s draining me and that’s why I kept asking if she had a problem with me. We only text as a form of communication other than meeting. I just have a bad feeling.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for the reply guys.

I’m going to walk away from this friendship.

It doesn’t make me feel good and I tried to turn it around.

We are definitely incompatible and I’m not going to chase anyone anymore.

I have problems as well that may be contributing to this as well.

For that reason too I’ll be walking away.

I think that walking away is a smart idea. A friendship should be enjoyable for both parties but it's just not working for you. The two of you don't gel.

And it's really weird that she's sharing all the unsavoury stuff in her life at only two months in.

• Author
I think that walking away is a smart idea. A friendship should be enjoyable for both parties but it's just not working for you. The two of you don't gel.

And it's really weird that she's sharing all the unsavoury stuff in her life at only two months in.

Eh. It’s already been done. I sent her a message. Honestly I feel a bit better now. I know I’m not perfect but I go to short term counseling at school and I try to better myself. I wasn’t feeling happy so I decided to walk away. Time to move on.

• Like 1

Good for you. I know it's crap losing a friend, but if the friendship was causing you so much angst this early, it was only ever going to be bad.

Please prepare yourself for the eventuality that she will add you to the list of friends who have used her. Not saying you have used her! But when people have a long list of people who've wronged them, they are usually the constant. Few people are truly that unlucky with friendships.

• Author
Good for you. I know it's crap losing a friend, but if the friendship was causing you so much angst this early, it was only ever going to be bad.

Please prepare yourself for the eventuality that she will add you to the list of friends who have used her. Not saying you have used her! But when people have a long list of people who've wronged them, they are usually the constant. Few people are truly that unlucky with friendships.

I would’ve fought to stay if communication was a thing. I could’ve talked about it but it seems like she didn’t want to. She didn’t even reply to my message so that’s how I know she didn’t care. Usually people would say that’s not true or I’m sorry you feel that way and yes let’s go our separate ways. She said nothing. Yes I knew when she told me all her friends used her AND the way she sneaks around with men implied she wasn’t exactly what she seemed to be. I also knew buying me gifts was a way to mask something. I cried because I am hurt but I feel better. I will miss her but I’m following my gut. I was used to fill a void for her emptiness. The answers were right there in front of me.