Evaluation of a list of how to meet others without the internet

Maybe that's what I need to get in 2018 - a cute dog, and even if I don't land on a guy while walking it - I'll have a new best friend for many years :cool:

LOL I'm not an MGTOW kind of guy. They're too whiny for me. But I have friends who are. One of their mantras is 'Get a woman for sex and a dog for love.' :D

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
LOL!! I like you!! I like your style. I love sarcasm. If it weren't for the fact that I am so fauked up in my own life and also the fact that I am not divorced or single, you would be my dream girl.

BTW.. I totally agree with all your points.

You could try night classes? Just find a night class for professional upgrading of some sort -- who knows, you might come across a guy that shares interests with you andis compatible. Plus, you won't look pathetic cruising and checking out people in Whole Foods .. you actually would have a reason to be in night class just as much and the other people in that class.

This is a good idea. Just don't try to snag someone else's husband. :o

CautiouslyOptimistic
Oh this is very true. I ride a commuter train in the SF Bay area. The crowd that is on the rush hour trains to San Francisco is full of single, successful, professional people (and is majority male). My co-worker is currently dating someone she met on the train.

A sketchy bus? Not so much....

People chat on my commute all the time (train + subway). Lots of regulars and familiar faces, some I am on a first name basis with.

Many moons ago as a recent college grad I took the train into the city to work, and I agree with this. Lots of sexual tension can build up just by noticing the same person you like the looks of day after day :).

This is not even remotely part of my lifestyle anymore, however!

• Like 1

I have a dog, but he is wary of strangers and growls at any man who comes near me. So much for that idea. :)

I've recently taken up mountain biking, however. I wanted to continue biking through the winter, but I get too cold on a road bike. On a mountain bike, I'm working too hard to pedal up a hill and jump over stumps to get cold, and I get a great workout. Last night I was the only female in a group of 15 guys. Granted, most of them were 10-30 years my junior, but nothing keeps you young like racing after young guys on a singletrack trail. lol

At least I'm getting out and meeting people which is a great first step.

I suspect that behind the sarcasm, there is a feeling of disappointment, as dating and trying to find the right person can be frustrating. Have you thought about placing your focus on learning how to be the right person, instead of finding the right person? I have found that good relationships require relational skills like listening, conflict resolution, and communication. You can practice these skills with the people that are currently in your life like friends, family, and co-workers. It better to be prepared when or if God brings the right person in your life, than to not be prepared. Perhaps shifting your focus would bring greater vision and purpose and reduce some of your frustration.