Her fiance is in prison for murder

Grapesofwrath

I'm afraid you are in situation that is not going to get you what you want. If you have opened your heart to her, and she has not made time to see you in a week, then it doesn't seem that she is moving toward making the changes you need.

This young lady might benefit from some counseling to help her understand why she stays in a relationship with an incarcerated man at the detriment to her other relationships. I understand that she may have compassion for him, but she can maintain feelings of compassion while also moving on romantically and getting herself into something more healthy.

If she is going to all that trouble for him, then her heart is with him not you. I also know someone who fell for a 'bad boy'. This is a super-intelligent woman. He burnt her, beat her and threatened her, yet she keeps returning to him. She has agreed to see him as 'friends' at the moment but I doubt she will enforce that. She can't seem to resist him, no matter how brutal he is. She feels sorry for him! I cannot understand how she can keep re-engaging with this dangerous nutcase, but it would not surprise me to read in the local newspaper one day that she is dead. Many have tried to help but she has a blind spot.

The point is that you are asking her to be with you not him. She might even be with you while he is in prison, but where does her heart truly lie? What if he gets paroled - is she suddenly going to remember she loves him and dump you? She has made some very 'submissive' decisions regarding this guy, one of which was to get his 'mark' (name) tattood on her body and another was to support him while he is in prison. I fear she is your Achilles Heel: even if she agrees to be with you, she will always be enslaved to him because this goes deeper than the rational mind.

Edited by spiderowl

I don’t which of you is the craziest. Her willing to wait 15 years or you willing to wait to see if she comes to her senses.

I see 2 problems here.

1- He intentionally shot and killed his best friend. He shot him 16 times. That indicates a bit of an anger management problem. You are stealing his girlfriend away from him. He won't forget that by the time he gets out of prison. As what's his name said in that what was the name movie "I have developed a special set of skills.. I will find you and I will kill you". You think this guy won't look for you, find you and shoot you at least as many times as he shot his best friend over a video game?

2- The girl you are falling in love with, fell in love with and is STILL in love with a guy who shot his best friend 16 times over a video game. There's something wrong with HER.

I can't believe people really need to be told things that are so obvious.

I'd rather believe this thread was fake than believe a person can be that ignorant and stupid. This one could go either way.

• Like 1

Six years you've been sleeping with her????

I guess you're lucky he didn't find out and kill you!

The fact that you even consider continuing to see her says more about your lack of good choices for yourself.

It's obvious she makes poor choices but you're doing the same as she is.

Stop sleeping with other men's gals - choose better women to hang around. Raise your standards for many areas of your life.