Girl I like says she's "scared"?

a few messages, a brief electronic "conversation", a little bit of flirting but she wants no part of a real relationship where you see each other, touch, & accommodate one another. I have no idea what she's afraid of; sounds like it has something to do with a past relationship gone wrong for which she is now making you pay. Her reasons don't matter as much as she's said no.

Hell d0nnivain, you should know better than this. If a guy takes the first no as final... his genes collect the Darwin award. People play games. Guys have to chase, women feign demure. Persistence often pays off.

What she's afraid of... vulnerability. Same thing we're all afraid of.

If you are good with these little unfulfilling morsels, carry on. If you actually want something real, she is not your girl.

Wanting sex vs. wanting something real, i.e. relationship... not mutually exclusive, not even incompatible.

OP, she's dangling. A little bit of game at first, well, to be expected. But now that you've played along and are ready to make it real you have to change the rules and take control. Quit giving her all the attention she wants, scale it back, and at the same time, ask her out... on an actual date. If she refuses don't go back to playing by her rules. Be nice, wait a few days and ask again. If she still says no, cut your losses and move on.

Some people are too scared to get involved; they do the attention-seeking thing to placate themselves. It's like the difference between going on an adventure vs. reading about adventure. If that's the best she can do, move on and find someone who is not so reticent.

I sent her a message telling her that I mistook her feelings for me.

She asks if it’s about what I think about her.

I tell I made a mistake about how she feels about me, and she says «*you’re mistaken again*»

I don’t know what’s going on anymore.

Who cares?

You do not want a relationship anyway, so why are you doing this?

If you DO want a relationship take the bull by the horns and ask her out for a proper date with a place and time arranged, if you don't then stop messing her around and just stay as friends.

Who cares?

You do not want a relationship anyway, so why are you doing this?

If you DO want a relationship take the bull by the horns and ask her out for a proper date with a place and time arranged, if you don't then stop messing her around and just stay as friends.

No where in the original post did he state he didn’t want sex. Thats what he wants. Nothing wrong with that and it often turns into a relationship.

• Like 1
No where in the original post did he state he didn’t want sex. Thats what he wants. Nothing wrong with that and it often turns into a relationship.

And that I guess is why she is stalling ad keeping him at arms length, as she knows that will mess up their friendship.

• 2 weeks later...