What makes a guy...

Popsicle

I just had a guy write to me this morning with no pic. I didn't respond for that reason. After he saw that I clicked on his profile and didn't respond, he writes, "I can show you a pic".

Married! :laugh:

Or maybe he's one of People's sexiest men alive who's tired of being treated like a piece of meat online and wants you to judge him on his inner beauty first.:D

It's a trap!!!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like 1
  • Author
Sure, but a substantial group wouldn't mind. Not using OLD I met a lot of people that way online.

Exactly, NOT using online dating. These people should not be using online dating, they should go find someone in a chatroom or message board or something. Online dating uses profiles which are meant to be filled out.

Married! :laugh:

You mean there's a possibility that people who withhold information may be deceptive? Say it isn't so!

Or maybe he's one of People's sexiest men alive who's tired of being treated like a piece of meat online and wants you to judge him on his inner beauty first.:D

Seriously lol

What a joke.

Been perusing the men in a different state that I may be moving to and I notice that quite a few men say this. Just wondering what is their thinking in putting this answer.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. If they're being truthful and have a job, they have a job. Same as if a woman has a job.

Also, conglomerates which own dating sites data mine and, well, build profiles on people. Big brother is always busy.

I like what my best friend shared with the IRS mitigator in the middle of a million buck audit.... 'Well, I'm just a retired mechanic' and left the rest to his CPA. Yup. Had a job.

Their lack of disclosure in their ad also leaves an opening for contact if you otherwise like their profile. Do they live to work or work to live? IDK, maybe find out.

• Like 3
  • Author
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. If they're being truthful and have a job, they have a job. Same as if a woman has a job.

Also, conglomerates which own dating sites data mine and, well, build profiles on people. Big brother is always busy.

I like what my best friend shared with the IRS mitigator in the middle of a million buck audit.... 'Well, I'm just a retired mechanic' and left the rest to his CPA. Yup. Had a job.

Their lack of disclosure in their ad also leaves an opening for contact if you otherwise like their profile. Do they live to work or work to live? IDK, maybe find out.

Not interested. I just think they're being deceptive to a degree and I don't like it. If you're a retired mechanic then you can say that. I agree with Pegnose Pete above, you can say something like "IT" or "Auto Repair" or anything. If you were concerned about golddiggers and such, you'd have no problem saying that. But no, we all know there's more to it than that...

• Like 1
  • Author

But anyway, there are enough people who are transparent in their dating profiles to not have to fret over these. It was just something I noticed and never understood so I posted about it.

But anyway, there are enough people who are transparent in their dating profiles to not have to fret over these. It was just something I noticed and never understood so I posted about it.

It can't be any more dubious than those who put in 'silly', imaginary professions. :)

Exactly, NOT using online dating. These people should not be using online dating, they should go find someone in a chatroom or message board or something. Online dating uses profiles which are meant to be filled out.

In my current position I can give somebody a vague idea of what I'm doing. In my last one I couldn't even do that. My previous girlfriend did not know about my work. My LinkedIn profile only contains my title and a statement approved by our legal department.

I'm not that interested in OLD, but I wouldn't be able to be specific about what I'm doing, even if I wanted to. I tried a vague statement before, but that gives the wrong idea.

But in the end, I think everybody is free to share as much or as little information as they are comfortable with. Nobody has to respond to people with sparsely-populated profiles.

I used to do that when I was on dating sites...... because I didn't want to broadcast my entire personal life. It was either "I have a job" or "computer stuff"

I agree with others, it's definitely for privacy. Likely to be because they don't want to be judged on their job, or perhaps they deal with a lot of sensitive information they can't discuss to anyone, eg. they work for some secret intelligence service. I knew a guy that only told trusted friends where he worked, and couldn't give any detail on what he actually did.

Put “I have a job” under profession in a dating profile?

Been perusing the men in a different state that I may be moving to and I notice that quite a few men say this. Just wondering what is their thinking in putting this answer.

They want to let you know they're making a living and can provide for you. That's what you want is a man who's working instead of a man living off of you or his parents. What you do think about that can of worms? Job or not? Best answer would be a Job than not!

thefooloftheyear
They want to let you know they're making a living and can provide for you. That's what you want is a man who's working instead of a man living off of you or his parents. What you do think about that can of worms? Job or not? Best answer would be a Job than not!

Why does a middle aged man have to prove he can "provide" for a middle aged woman?? Heck, he could be paying alimony and child support already.. I would hope that by that point in life, as long as the person didn't sponge off the other and wasn't a do nothing type, that none of the other stuff really should be all that important as long as there was a connection on the other aspects of compatibility...

TFY

It's a smart ass remark. Women do it too. I think some people filling out dating profiles do it in a disrespectful way. It's not a game, or "fun" or an online forum when filling out a profile. It should be respectfully filled out, describing how you live your life. You should talk about who you are as a person, interests, expectations, ect. You should leave out your complaints about bad experiences with online dating, and focus on who you are. Then use some good judgment with those you spend precious time going out on dates with....

Edited by morrowrd
  • Like 1
todreaminblue

i feel its because they want to know a person before they go into details.....mixed with that they dont want to be judged and or desired on what they do for a living....deb

haha, who made you the boss of online dating rules?

What does it matter if people have profiles which you don't agree with? If you don't like them, just ignore them. It's not like they are hurting you.

• Like 2