GF is pregnant...not sure on path

I think the person carrying the child has the final say...because however you spin it...it will impact her life more rush yours.

That's the simply reality. Neither of you are really ready to be parents right now.

It will be expensive...it will create a lot of pressure on your relationship and I've seen lots of relationships like this ending.

You're both then left with bringing a child into other relationships and blended family issues.

An early stage termination... as she isn't against it is a good option.

I disagree with this ...

None are easy, but none carry with them the lifetime of remorse and regret that abortion will. I have seen it first hand.

You can't possibly speak for everyone. A termination is the right option for some women in this situation....it doesn't leave a lifetime of remorse or regret .... just relief.

• Like 4
BarbedFenceRider

Nope. No abortion for me. My wife and I had to miscarriages, devastating. I had a acquaintance in college that had 2 abortions. She was Not healthy at all. Lots of behavioral problems.

Being a Dad is the most rewarding thing I ever did. I was a late starter myself, and all my friends kids are already going off to college and stuff. Mine are in grade school. lol

I do agree that you are way young to get married. Horrible odds that it would last anyway. Best to let it mature and Co-Parent.

Best of luck. And I will pray for you. God bless bud.

I disagree with this ...

None are easy, but none carry with them the lifetime of remorse and regret that abortion will. I have seen it first hand.

You can't possibly speak for everyone. A termination is the right option for some women in this situation....it doesn't leave a lifetime of remorse or regret .... just relief.

Yep, personal and religious beliefs play a huge role in this.

I personally have seen first hand the relief and control of destiny the decision has brought some. No regrets, no mental illness etc.

The truth is, many women have had abortions and no one knows about it. You may know healthy, successful women who are thankful for that choice - you just don't realize.

Obviously if it's a choice that goes against someone's Creed, it can cause them issues. If they know it's the right choice for them, the effects are totally different.

• Like 2
We have been dating a year and she is really nice, no problem at all. We had a major accidental pregnancy (multiple protections failed). We talked about eventually wanting a family together, but she is still in college, and I only work part time. We are both against abortion in general, but man not sure we are ready for a kid. We dont have a house, we dont live together, etc etc.

This is easy: Don't have sex. Sex makes babies.