Do looks matter to women?

I have seen how women act when around a good looking man. Believe they are not much different than men. I remember at my old job we used to have a very attractive vendor come in and all the women would have a hunk alert. It's time for everybody to just be honest and admit that humans are sexual creatures.

• Like 3

As someone who has looked at thousands of women's profiles on OLD over the years, I am fairly confident in saying that looks are very important to women. It was incredibly rare for me to see women's profiles with none of the various physical attributes fields in the "What she's looking for section" filled in. Height and Race/Ethnicity appeared to be the most common requirements.

• Like 1
Does that mean sex with the long-term guy is less exciting? Seems like a lot to give up, especially if you are thinking marriage.

Do you think the quality of sex a couple share is dependant on their physical attractiveness?

My husband isn't the most ripped, buff, tallest or "most handsome" man I have ever slept with.

But he is absolutely the best lover. First we have chemistry. Beyond that he is an excellent listener - he knows how to read my body and respond. He is like a skilled musician when it comes to playing my body - he can make me do things I didn't know I could do!

He is intelligent and fun, thinks of all kinds of exciting new way to spice things up.

He cares about my pleasure, and communicates well so that I can attend to his.

None of those things require physical attractiveness, but they take sex from good to great.

Plus is is pretty cute, nice face, gorgeous eyes, strong physique and a great set of shoulders and ass.

Like I said a base line is needed. If he was obese or hideous in some way I probably wouldn't be as into it.

But "hot" doesn't really mean great sex. All the other things are important.

• Like 1
I have seen how women act when around a good looking man. Believe they are not much different than men. I remember at my old job we used to have a very attractive vendor come in and all the women would have a hunk alert. It's time for everybody to just be honest and admit that humans are sexual creatures.

indeed woggle

Yes but a "hunk alert" is often just a bit of fun and is not necessarily an indication of the type of guy that women would go for if they were actually looking for a man to date.

• Like 3
Yes but a "hunk alert" is often just a bit of fun and is not necessarily an indication of the type of guy that women would go for if they were actually looking for a man to date.

True but both men and women are turned on by good looks. Smart folks look for more than that we are all visual creatures.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Or they may consider it as fun, because they'd be thrilled to be with him, but know they aren't in that league anyway???

I dunno....If you read the responses from most of the female posters, you would think all good looking/well built guys are sitting at home, dick in their hand and crying in their beer...

I mean, someone is taking them....:laugh:

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
  • Like 3

Exactly. Eye candy. Not the guy you can have fascinating convo with, or who will make you laugh your make up off.

• Like 1
Exactly. Eye candy. Not the guy you can have fascinating convo with, or who will make you laugh your make up off.

Who gets more dates? I bet it's not the guy who will make women laugh their makeup off. Men are just as bad so don't think I am dissing women.

• Like 1

It seems like for both men and women, looks are important... but they are not the only important thing. For a long term relationship it seems like personality and compatibility are also important. (would you want to be with someone super hot who just doesn't match you in any other way?)

Fortunately everyone is attracted to something slightly different looks wise, so just because one person (or even many) don't find you attractive doesn't mean there isn't someone who will. Which is often where personality comes in.

Or they may consider it as fun, because they'd be thrilled to be with him, but know they aren't in that league anyway???

I dunno....If you read the responses from most of the female posters, you would think all good looking/well built guys are sitting at home, dick in their hand and crying in their beer...

TFY

Of course looks matter… some.

When it comes to leagues, men's WEALTH is going to get them into higher leagues, while women’s physical BEAUTY gets her into higher ones.

Lets say this “hottie” is a bicycle messenger, delivering to a law office. Let’s say all the female attorneys check him out. Do you think a high paid professional woman is going to decide that the courier is “out of her league”? Do you think she would want to date, or marry the bicycle messenger?

Now lets say it’s a group of professional men, and a very cute female delivers to their office. Do you think the men would decide she is “out of their league” or do you think that perhaps their wealth and power makes them think they may have a shot with the cute young thing? Do you think that they would consider dating or marrying her because of her good looks, or would she be rejected based on her profession?

Are leaugues based solely on physical looks for both genders, or are the made up by a number of factors that the different sexes tend to weigh differently?

Can a women get a high paying job and then start attracting very good looking men?

Can a man get a high paying job and then start attracting very good looking women?

Which happens with greater frequency?

• Like 2

Well I see fat and ugly as well average looking men attempting to punch above their weight all the time. Really do I see them succeed, so yeah women do care about looks.

• Like 1

TFY

Same sh*t every time on these threads.

"I don't like Brad Pitt. I don't like George Clooney"

Then how the hell are they rated the most desirable men on the planet?

Sh*t is like Justin Bieber. Who likes Justin Bieber?.............*crickets

Yet his albums and concerts are first to sell out.

• Like 2

Exactly. There is a big gap between what people say and what people do.

• Like 3

Yes women are attracted to attractive men like George Clooney. He's beautiful, rich and successful.

How many women would be lining up to marry George if he was a janitor?

Now how many rich yet fugly women have some hottie on their arm?

How much rich yet hideous men have absolutely gorgeous women as wives?

I have our president as an example - do you think Melina thought, damn that's the most physically attractive Mani have ever seen?

Do you think Mr. Trump courted Melania because she as the most interesting and intelligent women he had ever met?

Well I see fat and ugly as well average looking men attempting to punch above their weight all the time. Really do I see them succeed, so yeah women do care about looks.

Give them enough money and they will land hot women.

Give them enough money and they will land hot women.

True but that is becoming less and less as women gain financial independence and there are more and more women going after rich women.

• Like 1
True but that is becoming less and less as women gain financial independence and there are more and more women going after rich women.

Are there a lot of rich women going after young boy toys? I think most successful women look for equally successful partners, rather than eye candy.

Are that many handsome men seeking to be "kept men" of rich women?

How many rich women repeatedly divorce, and then marry younger, more attractive men with each succession?

I don't think we see these patterns with women, as, on a whole they do not prize youth and beauty as much as men do in their partners.

Maybe one day men will spend an hour every morning getting their make up just right so that they can turn heads. Maybe they will wear horribly uncomfortable high heels because women think they look sexy in them. Maybe they will be getting surgeries and augmentations at the rates that women get boob jobs, lip implants etc to attract a higher league woman.

But for now, if a woman wants to move up when it comes to dating leagues she has to focus on her looks. And for men, if they focus on their career / wealth / power, that will raise their leagues more than a pretty face ever would.

• Like 1

There are plenty of rich women with boytoys. Look at all these celebrities going after young men. The term Cougar has become a common thing in recent years.

• Like 3
thefooloftheyear

Lets say this “hottie” is a bicycle messenger, delivering to a law office. Let’s say all the female attorneys check him out. Do you think a high paid professional woman is going to decide that the courier is “out of her league”? Do you think she would want to date, or marry the bicycle messenger?

I'll do one better....Let's say this "hottie" is an garden variety, gang banging, convicted felon.....Forget about high paid professional women, he went right for an heiress of a fortune......:laugh:

Married 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks Spotted Making Out With Topshop Heiress Chloe Green | Entertainment Tonight

TFY

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix quote
thefooloftheyear

You almost forgot....any dick bigger than 6" will put them in intensive care at the local hospital...:lmao:

TFY

thefooloftheyear

I'm having a bit of fun here, but I do agree with you Recent Change...It's just that hearing all that bullshyt about good looking guys being "undesirable"..."lousy in bed"..."all selfish and full of themselves" blah, blah....

It just gets old as hell, because it isn't reality....

TFY

• Like 2
I'll do one better....Let's say this "hottie" is an garden variety, gang banging, convicted felon.....Forget about high paid professional women, he went right for an heiress of a fortune......:laugh:

Married 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks Spotted Making Out With Topshop Heiress Chloe Green | Entertainment Tonight

TFY

Yes he became famous because of his good looks. Has a rich and powerful woman married him?

I'm having a bit of fun here, but I do agree with you Recent Change...It's just that hearing all that bullshyt about good looking guys being "undesirable"..."lousy in bed"..."all selfish and full of themselves" blah, blah....

It just gets old as hell, because it isn't reality....

TFY

Alright alright :D

I am just sick of these threads "whoas me all women care about are looks" - BS, men have many avenues available to them to increase their attractiveness.

Women? Not so much. If you aren't pretty you're screwed. Guys don't care about your assets, or your income and education. How young do you look, how nice are your tits, and what does your face look like.

Hot guys have a leg up on the competition - yes they do!!

And a rich fugy lady can get a "hot guy" but he is going to be low value in other ways. Few attractive, successful men choose successful yet ugly women as spouses.

It's said men want to marry the most beautiful women they can land.

Women want to marry the most successful man she can land.

• Like 2