Why Would He Say, "I Want You To Know You Are Turning Heads"?

sandy123

• Author
I think he was testing the waters to see how you responded to him when he said you were turning heads. He took the conversation into the realm of male/female attraction to see what your reaction would be. It was a flirtatious comment from him, not the other guys. Don't know what your workplace is like but possibly he doesn't want to say anything blatant for concern about venturing into the realm of what could be construed as sexual harassment.

Saying, "Well, do I turn "your" head?" would seem more awkward to me that flirtatious. In your place if both of you are single and you're interested in him I would have looked him in the eye (turned my head, not body, toward him as the two of you were walking) with a smile and a twinkle in my eye, kind of with a look that you have something you're thinking about but not going to say. He probably would have grinned real big and that would have been a moment of emotional connection.

But, you didn't blow it by not saying anything. Just remember when he flirts you don't have to say a word if you can't think of anything appropriate. Just smile as if you're thinking of a secret. Get playful. If you don't know how, don't worry about it, practice with him. Most of us had to learn at one time or another.

When he texts you with something such as about looking good in the red dress you can send him a smiley face right back. A smile is always appropriate and it tells him he hasn't stepped over the line or offended you. But, remember, if you smile at him in person (rather than sending the smiling emoji) try to look him in the eyes at the same time you're smiling.

@LivingWaterPlease

Thank you so much for your advice.