Get together with ex;

I'm experiencing the exact same thing right now with my break up. My heart is racing almost the whole days, as soon as I think about him it starts again and almost jumps out the chest. I'm constantly freezing as well and it feels like a have a huge black whole in my stomache that haven't disappeared at all since he broke up 14 days ago. I'm also waking up sweating but freezing every night becasue of the dreams of him. I think it's as a previous comments stated, anxiety and panic attacks. And it is so horrible and dreadful that I'm very unsure if it ever going to disapear or feel better anytime soon. I don't have any heart issues as well, so I'm pretty sure it's my body reacting to the break up event and NC rather than a heart disease. So I feel you!

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you all for the input. It’s so relieving to know that it isn’t anything abnormal. I think I’m moving on fairly well. The dreams do hit me hard sometimes, but I try to focus on my future and my goals. She isn’t a part of that anymore, so I focus on what’s left for me which is a lot. I’ve just never had any experience with anxiety or panic attacks, let alone heart arrhythmia. This must be what people meant by a literal heartbreak lol. I hope you are all fighting through it strong. I’m taking things day by day which is a big improvements to before when I was taking it hour by hour. I think we’ll all soon be able to make great progression towards improving ourselves. Right now I think I’m on the right path. I just hope this whole heart thing can calm down soon.

• Like 1

I've been there and it sucks! I now look at it like a alchy/druggie in the stages of 'withdraw'. Hang in there..you'll feel better before too long.

Also use this feeling of heart pain as a reminder to not break NC. That will only set you back.

• Author

Praying4Daylight that’s a great idea actually. I think the next time I get the urge to break Nc I’ll think about the heart arrhythmia I’m experiencing. It’s just another reason for me to stay strong and move forward.

First, I'm really sorry about this. Break-ups are a -10 on a 1-10 fun scale. Ugh. You could always go to the doctor to get checked on but in my experience with extreme anxiety is that it will pass with time--especially after a breakup. Focus on other soothing activities, like things you enjoy, and talk it out with friends, or a pastor, or a counselor. For me, when I can gush the hurt out with words to whomever, it really helps relieve tension.

Hey man so sorry to hear about the breakup. I'm going through one right now myself. I think you are just having psycho-somatic emotional responses. Totally normal. Sounds like anxiety and possibly a little panic attacks. Just for piece of mind though I would go to your family doctor and get checked out just to make sure you are ok(physically and psychologically). You may need to see a good therapist at the very least. Don't go through this alone. Talk it out with people. We are here for you on this board. I don't think there is anything medically wrong with you though. This sounds all normal after a heartbreaking breakup. You will heal with time.

• Author

Thanks edem and JimmyNYC. The moments I get those sensations were pretty scary at first sine I’ve never experienced that before. Now I know what they are, so I’m going to vent through my writing and those close to me. I hope you guys are doing well yourselves. It can get hard, but what part of life isn’t. We just gotta keep pushing day by day.

• Author

So after a month of not seeing each other, and my ex texting me first while I was nc, I asked her out this Saturday to talk over some coffee. I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on seeing her for the first time. I already feel confident and will act natural and me myself. I won’t be nervous. We both love each other very much, but she broke up with me because of the pain of neglect I put her through while away for college. Since we started talking, she sent me pictures of how I would neglect her and told me that things like that make her hesitant. I’ve been trying to talk to her and spark conversation before this Saturday, but she constantly sees my message and then doesn’t respond for 8 hours or so. I know she’s not busy because she’s on social media throughout that time, and I know when she sees the message because it’s through fb messenger. Can you guys give me some input as to why she’s acting this way? The only thing I’ve been able to conclude is that she’s either playing hard to get or is just being cold and distant to teach me a lesson.

Maybe you're coming off as needy? If you made plans to meet up and talk simply leave it at that.. Don't text and try to start a conversation.

Also depends what you've said. Come on man, let go of this she's on social media but ignoring me ****.. Get off it, it sounds to me you're only driving yourself crazy..

Than you haven't experienced the importance of being patient.. Nature doesn't rush everything but still everything is accomplished exactly at the right time.

Point is.. If you keep sending texts you can annoy her and you don't want to annoy woman if you want to be with one. If she's not responding to you right away or not at all don't take it to the heart.. LET IT BE