Someone tell me about the male brain.

So this argument you had (if it got blown out of proportion and you both needed space, it counts as a full argument), what was it about? Why were you both so hurt that you needed space?

• Author

Ready for this..

We went to a soccer game (i've never been to a semi-pro game before) and when i'm in a new environment, I "shut down" and take everything in. He knows this, as we have been dating for over a year now, so it's not an uncommon thing for me to take in my surroundings. Anyway, he got mad saying that i acted like i didn't want to be there and just completely blew it up. So i tried to calmly state that i was having fun and enjoyed the game and enjoyed spending time with him. well he just pushed me away after that and shut down for a good week to two weeks. Then comes back around saying what I wrote above.

So to answer your post, I was not upset. He was due to a miscommunication.

Ready for this..

We went to a soccer game (i've never been to a semi-pro game before) and when i'm in a new environment, I "shut down" and take everything in. He knows this, as we have been dating for over a year now, so it's not an uncommon thing for me to take in my surroundings. Anyway, he got mad saying that i acted like i didn't want to be there and just completely blew it up. So i tried to calmly state that i was having fun and enjoyed the game and enjoyed spending time with him. well he just pushed me away after that and shut down for a good week to two weeks. Then comes back around saying what I wrote above.

So to answer your post, I was not upset. He was due to a miscommunication.

Sounds to me like he just doesn't understand you or want to really. One day you'll find someone who can understand what's really in your heart and cherish that, and understand how you enjoy things and take them in and be happy for you and happy to be with you the way you are. You shouldn't have to perform for someone just to make them happy. If he wants to walk away and doesn't value you, let him go, there are plenty of people who would be so happy to have someone like you in your life.

• Like 2

Octavian was nicer in her response than I could have been after reading about your "tiff".

That was no tiff, and there was no miscommunication on his part. You're giving him way too much credit. He acted like a total dick and treated you accordingly.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more. This wasn't a miscommunication, this was him being a really nasty guy. Having a partner go AWOL for two weeks should be a deal breaker. You can do so much better than this.

• Like 1

OP, to perhaps inject a bit of humor, a thought occurred when I read your title...... try a little Google for 'Men's Brain Women's Brain'. I think you'll find the videos from a relationship counselor on those items to be both fun and insightful.

On your letter and stuff, I'd tend to align with good on ya for writing it, print it and put it in the desk crowd. BTDT plenty of times over the decades. I just didn't know how to get to the 'nothing box' ;)

Hey op, we have all been there with the letter.

You seem like a decent girl and you are very deeply, but sometimes the people we love don't want us in their life. If we truly love them, we should wish them happiness and sometimes, that is without us. And that is okay. Then learn that as much as you love that person, you have to love yourself more.

The person you love has communicated that they want space away from you, maybe fore a long time, so you have be willing to give them that space. Not giving them that space will always do more harm than good.

I wish you well and happy healing.