A phone call

mortensorchid

I have cats lol, but my goodness I would rather spend time alone than with someone I dont want to be with.

Hear, hear! Since when does anyone have to avoid being single at all costs? The only thing worse than this creep is entertaining him out of fear of being alone. He sounds horrible.

Mortensorchid, I've noticed you spend a lot of time and effort on men who are pretty tacky, rude, unpleasant or some combination of the above---but you're fully aware of how noxious these men are, too. I don't think I've seen a single thread where you expressed interest in someone who seemed nice, kind and drawn to you. Why do you go after men you know are jerks?

• Like 2
  • Author
mortensorchid

I had a second conversation with him this evening. He is away traveling for work and called me from there. I said I had a question or two for him, since we were talking about basic factual information which I think we had overlooked. The profile didn't list how old he was (47), he has 2 brothers (both younger), he was married for 10 years and divorced for 3, has two kids - his son is in Florida and his step daughter and ex wife are in PA. All I was interested in knowing was basic factual information.

And then ... Here's where it turned ... Into crazytown. He asked me to look at his profile (which I did), and I see him standing next to this woman. Nothing odd about him or the woman in this photo - they were not an item in this photo but rather she was a lesbian. I said "okay ..." not sure what this was about. He said he attracts two types - either delicate flower females or Alpha Females like the woman next to him in this photo, which am I? Do I own leather pants? (INSTANT RED FLAG to ask something like that! - But I did answer saying I do but I doubt I can still fit into them - because I am, after all, going to be courteous enough.) He asked me if I have any kids, I said no. He asked if I was ever pregnant. I said no. (I was once, miscarried it six years ago, not that I was going to tell him that because that was not his business.) After about an hour of talk I said to him that I was tired and I was going to turn in.

He said he would be back on Sunday, I said I was busy on Sunday (which is not a lie). He said so should we talk some more or meet soon? I said I was too tired to talk anymore. He asked if that meant we should just text and taper off - I said AGAIN I am not even thinking my brain is mush right now. And that was that.

Um ... HELL TO THE NO will I talk to him again.

Count yourself lucky you have a "list." Most women don't, and quickly dumping suitors results in lots of cats and time spent alone. :p

Like that's a bad thing...

It results in avoiding messy, emotionally stunted males and keeping peace in one's heart, mind and home.

No sense in keeping foolishness around past the point they reveal their messiness.

• Like 1
  • Author
mortensorchid
Wow... he's precious, isn't he?

I will not. He might be a guy who could hold his own with me intellectually but he's ... Socially awkward to say the least and I want someone who makes a better presentation than he would.

Like that's a bad thing...

It results in avoiding messy, emotionally stunted males and keeping peace in one's heart, mind and home.

No sense in keeping foolishness around past the point they reveal their messiness.

Precisely!

Even if that 'list' consists of one person this guy would have been struck off it at that first phone call.

OP, I don't understand why you have left things hanging in the air?

Why didn't you tell him you're not interested following this second call?

He'll just keep hanging around if you're not straight with him.

• Author
mortensorchid

I got a text from him today, I will ignore it. I also got a text from that hippie I was with last year which I also ignored.

So tired of disappointment after disappointment. I can't do this anymore. Someone posted on this thread that I need to have a thicker skin but there are only so many disappointments you can take before it hurts your self esteem to such a point that you can't do it anymore. I am back in that feeling of "nobody wants me" again. Just a bunch of losers and sick freaks out there.

MO, you need to stop giving the losers air time when they mess up big time like this guy did on that first call.

It's a much quicker way to a happier dating life.

• Author
mortensorchid
MO, you need to stop giving the losers air time when they mess up big time like this guy did on that first call.

It's a much quicker way to a happier dating life.

Then please tell me how one gets one of these. Really, I am asking.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
mortensorchid

You know this idiot reached out after almost two months of silence. I got a text from him this morning saying "Hi (my name) it's (name) from Tinder, we were talking on the phone a bit. Wanted to say hi. I'm at the Sierra Mountains visiting my college roommate and his family. Northern Nevada is beautiful but the chill makes me appreciate southern Nevada / Vegas where it's much warmer."

Scroll back to see other conversations between me and him, I'm not interested in him anymore due to the conversations. This makes me somewhat sad because he seemed semi decent, and by the above message you would think he was a semi decent person, but after the questions he asked me as recorded in this thread he is not.

You know this idiot reached out after almost two months of silence. I got a text from him this morning saying "Hi (my name) it's (name) from Tinder, we were talking on the phone a bit. Wanted to say hi. I'm at the Sierra Mountains visiting my college roommate and his family. Northern Nevada is beautiful but the chill makes me appreciate southern Nevada / Vegas where it's much warmer."

Scroll back to see other conversations between me and him, I'm not interested in him anymore due to the conversations. This makes me somewhat sad because he seemed semi decent, and by the above message you would think he was a semi decent person, but after the questions he asked me as recorded in this thread he is not.

Don't settle for "semi-decent". Raise your standards, even if it means being alone for a while.

I got a text from him today, I will ignore it. I also got a text from that hippie I was with last year which I also ignored.

So tired of disappointment after disappointment. I can't do this anymore. Someone posted on this thread that I need to have a thicker skin but there are only so many disappointments you can take before it hurts your self esteem to such a point that you can't do it anymore. I am back in that feeling of "nobody wants me" again. Just a bunch of losers and sick freaks out there.

Hi Mortensorchid,

I am sorry you're in so much pain.

I am back in that feeling of "nobody wants me" again.

When we look for love outside of ourselves before we love ourselves unconditionally we will typically be disappointed.

We need to work on ourselves, with compassion (we are so darn self abusive), kindness and most importantly forgiveness (of ourselves).

It's not about having a thicker skin, it's about loving yourself so deeply that you don't NEED someone to love you.

A thick skin hides a cold heart (ask me how I know).

Take this time to step away from OLD and dating in general. Focus on your personal and spiritual development.

Learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes (it's tough, we are our own worst critique) love yourself unconditionally first and foremost.

As you heal the pain and fear, you heal your heart and open to love.

Sending you much love and light