Should I continue being friends with this women?

• Author
You mentioned divorce but I'm still curious about your ages?

I know I ask this a lot but I often feel it's an important factoid and helps when offering up some insight and advice.

We're both 37.

Michelle ma Belle
We're both 37.

Hmm...

I have to admit you're much older than I thought. I would have pegged you mid to late twenties from reading your posts.

In that case, stop tip toeing around and just straight up ask the girl out already. You're both too old to be playing footsies. As the man, who is clear about YOUR feelings, you should be the one to make the first move and see how she responds.

Good luck.

• Author
Hmm...

I have to admit you're much older than I thought. I would have pegged you mid to late twenties from reading your posts.

In that case, stop tip toeing around and just straight up ask the girl out already. You're both too old to be playing footsies. As the man, who is clear about YOUR feelings, you should be the one to make the first move and see how she responds.

Good luck.

It's a tricky situation because she is an ex of someone in my social circle. So I've been a little more hesitant.

Can't I send the flowers first and see how she reacts? If her response is awkward or blah about the flowers I'd already have my answer. If not I'll go for it.

My first instinc is to day walk away. Make her chase you. You just go about your life.

Find a hobby or a new woman and tell hr about it and if she is into you. She will fight for your attention.

• Like 1
It's a tricky situation because she is an ex of someone in my social circle. So I've been a little more hesitant.

You said it's been a few years since their divorce. I think that's a reasonable and respectful amount of time to wait to try to date her. If your guy friend has a problem with it, he'll just have to deal. She's an independent human being who can make her own decisions, and she's not off-limits for the rest of her life just because you're friends with him.

But you need to stop being timid about this because she's sent you plenty of signals. Even if she was just flirting with you (heavily) because you're "safe" or whatever, she's not going to be shocked or offended that you make a move on her. It might make things a little awkward if she rejects you, but it's better than your current situation.

Just ask her out on a date.

They are flowers not an engagement ring. If things feel awkward at her party, suddenly remember you had other plans. (Your other plan is to get the heck out of there)

Oh -- get a mixed bouquet around $30 -- NOT a dozen long stemmed red roses.

• Like 1