can the dumper have too much pride to ask dumpee back out?

hello all

Do you think if the dumper realizes they made a mistake months and months after the breakup and decide they like their ex again after the dumpee has moved on (but your both still friends), is there instances where the dumper would be to scared or have to much pride to say anything to the dumpee about wanting them back?

Why wouldn't they say anything?

Do you think the attraction would keep growing and the dumper would eventually ask the dumpee back out again or just forget it?

I guess it is possible.. There are people out there that would rather keep going at the status quo than risk the rejection.

But I will say that EVERY SINGLE TIME that I have thought that about an ex and I make an effort to either contact them or do a test contact I have been handed my heart right back..In pieces.

Don't even go there.. Just move on .. if it was meant to be your pathes will cross again

• Like 1

I'm kind of in the same predictament now. I broke up with my ex almost 3 months ago..and lately I've been missing him so badly..and want to get back with him--work on the reasons I broke up with him.

I think if us dumpers went back, promising to work on things, and making a compromise with the dumpee, that there is a chance for them to take us back. Just don't get back into it, and hurt them again. Make sure now, that you want to be back with the person..because if you screw up again, its definitally over forever.

2nd chances do come around...try it atleast..just be prepared to hear them say they have someone new, or that they don't think it will work.

My ex is so proud and selfish that I think he'd rather rip his balls out then ask me back. But he will try those innocent little emails to test the waters. Not falling for that.

• Author

Well, I am the dumpee in this situation and would like to have my ex back. I have done the NC and told him not to call me anymore, and I avoided him for 2 mos. then he starts calling very angrily at first but now we are sort of friends. I have completely changed from when we first dated, I am more like he wanted me to be when we dated now. He says he is still attracted to me, but he is dating a "very unattractive" girl now. Anyways he always initiates contact w/me, I never do, unless its to respond to his message. My friends tell me he still wants me from what I have told them, but he will not say anything to me, why? Maybe he really doesn't?

(for his sake) What do you do if you still like your ex and how long do you keep testing the waters? He has absolutely no reason to not like me, that is how much I have improved myself.

Look,

You want him back. Of course each time he even says "hi" to you will be an indication that he might want you back as well and afraid to ask. I know, I've been there. Don't waste your time, a lingering feeling that something might possibly happen sometime or perhaps could happen does nothing but damage to you. That's why people don't stay friends with those who dumped them. That's why NC is a way to go.

• Author

Yeah, I have done the NC for 2 months and he started trying to talk to me after 2 mos. again and he even told me weeks ago that he missed me. I do not do anything to indicate that I want him back, should I? I am so strictly friends w/him and talk to him (when he calls) like a good friend, you know, just to shoot the sh**. I have improved myself so much I would want to date myself :)Should I just keep doing what I'm doing? He didn't want to date me again when I asked last March because he thought I was more on the boring side, now I am just the opposite and he knows it! He is still attracted to me and I blow his current girlfriend out of the water with everything - I just don't get it.