FIrst date confusion

Sm12345

• Author

While I don’t necessarily agree that this makes her abusive, it’s certainly a reason to give pause. I think at the very least it shows that we aren’t compatible politically.

mortensorchid

She sounds a little bipolar to me. Sounds like two friends I used to have, they were like tropical storms - happy and cheerful one minute, angry and biting the next. Time will tell. You said this was your one and only encounter with her so far.

I would be really turned off by anyone who showed aggression on a first date, no matter what the reason. She is clearly defensive and insecure about her time management or career. You mentioned that she asked for the advice, so I don't see a problem. Unsolicited advice might be a different story - but still no need to get aggressive over.

Then the texting over I 'fear' we have different perspectives. No wonder she is not used to being 'challenged', when she can't hack it if someone is different, throws a tantrum if someone doesn't agree with her political opinions.

I wouldn't bother with a 2nd date if I were you.

• Like 1
I would be really turned off by anyone who showed aggression on a first date, no matter what the reason. She is clearly defensive and insecure about her time management or career. You mentioned that she asked for the advice, so I don't see a problem. Unsolicited advice might be a different story - but still no need to get aggressive over.

Then the texting over I 'fear' we have different perspectives. No wonder she is not used to being 'challenged', when she can't hack it if someone is different, throws a tantrum if someone doesn't agree with her political opinions.

I wouldn't bother with a 2nd date if I were you.

I know, right? Who wants to date somebody who's like an echo chamber, with no differing perspectives, opinions, etc.?

Not only would I not agree to a 2nd date, I wouldn't even take her call. Who wants to open that can of worms?

Edited by Highndry
  • Like 1