Affair...it's killing me.

Cullenbohannon
I'm here :)

. What confessing did was allow me to make some major changes in my life and how I think. It also made me accountable to my family, which I needed. I couldn't do it alone. More power to the people who can. I hate that I had to make myself accountable to my family, but it's what I had to do.

One of the best reasons I have heard why one should confess.

Salut.

Edited by Cullenbohannon
I'm here :)

I agree with everything in this post. I did the right thing in confessing. I also don't believe that's the right move for everyone, but it was in my case.

But I need to reiterate MB's statement that confessing does NOT make you "feel better" or "relieve your guilt." At least it didn't in my case. What confessing did was allow me to make some major changes in my life and how I think. It also made me accountable to my family, which I needed. I couldn't do it alone. More power to the people who can. I hate that I had to make myself accountable to my family, but it's what I had to do.

This, this, this. deadsoul you have come a very long way and you make very much sense(this is coming from a man that can be very hard on a wayward). I remember your very first post about confessing and the look on the face of your husband after you confessed. I remember my very first reply to you about how you changed the value your husband saw in you by having an affair. Glad you are still here playing it forward.