Feminist's list of "don'ts", but what are the "do's"?

Generally speaking, men are much more accepting of sexual advances than women.

Men are mostly looking for overt signs of "green for go", and a woman who is signalling "I am interested in you sexually" is usually seen as a good thing not as a bad thing.

BUT men in society are in the main taken seriously, but women are still struggling to be heard.

Women are still seen as generally subordinate to men and treating women as sexual objects, all tits and @ss, to be played with at will, is how many men exert and maintain power and put women back "in their place".

British Prime Minister Theresa May is concerned by a newspaper report describing a culture of sexual harassment among members of parliament and their staff working in parliament, her spokeswoman said on Friday.

Sexual assault 'thrives' in Parliament, says Jeremy Corbyn in wake of WhatsApp allegations | The Independent

Gove apologises after backlash against Weinstein joke in live BBC interview | The Independent - all just a big joke to these guys...

Gove is a senior politician as is Neil Kinnock, but the "culture" obviously runs deep...

Depends on what type/wave of feminism.

Radical feminism don't : Even think about it

Exactly. Feminists who actually practice the dictionary definition of feminism have my full support but I will never support anybody who hates me no matter who they are. I have too much self respect for that.

• Like 3

I think both sexes have a minority of members who are misogynists/misandrists. Thankfully they don't represent the majority.

I find it most troubling when I hear average feminists being hated on because of the behaviour of a few.

• Like 1
There is nothing a man can do to make these kinds of feminists happy. Just stay within legality and don't care about about what they think.

What kinds of feminists? Seriously, that list doesn't have anything to do with feminists of any ilk, it's about sexual harassment.

• Like 2
Cookiesandough
You don't need a list. Anything that you find acceptable for a woman to do to you is acceptable in reverse.

I.e. if you dislike a random woman staring at you d*ck, don't stare at her t*ts. If you're okay a woman telling you you look good, it is probably okay in other way round. If this will make you feel weird, she'll feel weird in reverse situation etc.

The unfortunate reality is that most men would love that

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Just meant unfortunate that the ethics of recriprocity has a chink in its armor here

Edited by Cookiesandough
Just meant unfortunate that the ethics of recriprocity has a chink in its armor here

Correct, the golden rule doesn't work when the frame of reference is inherently different, and something harmless for one person is anything but harmless for the other.

• Like 2
You don't need a list. Anything that you find acceptable for a woman to do to you is acceptable in reverse.

That reflects a very dark part of our culture and kind of a narcissistic POV.

I am not grabbing women in the street. My reason is not based upon what is OK with me. It's about them. Their bodies are not mine to lay hands on. What I'd be fine with doesn't come into the picture; it's not about me.

• Like 1

All feminists are different. My first boyfriend was a feminist. He believes that men and women are/should be equal and have rights. It's about being a decent human being, I guess that can be learned but depends on your motives and if it is genuinely to become a better person.

That is horrible advice :laugh: In all my years, I have never heard a guy react negatively to a woman staring at his package. Generally speaking, men are much more accepting of sexual advances than women.

Yes and this needs to stop. I'm getting confused by all of these double standards.

That reflects a very dark part of our culture and kind of a narcissistic POV.

I am not grabbing women in the street. My reason is not based upon what is OK with me. It's about them. Their bodies are not mine to lay hands on. What I'd be fine with doesn't come into the picture; it's not about me.

All I was saying is that common sense dictates the rules, not any specific list.

I’m also not grabbing men and / or women on the street btw :D

This is my list of what men can do to seduce women.

Do ask permission to talk to her. In no way do you want to intrude her space.

Do make sure you compliment her, but not on her looks but other traits that will not objectify her.

Do make sure you are highly presentable at all times. Wear nice shoes and clothes. Look successful and not like a sloth

Do use your position of power to promote other women. This is very sexy to feminist. Remember don't hire on looks :)

Do drink moderately on a date and remember if she is drunk, do not advance because this is non-consensual. You are responsible for your own actions.

Do allow her to wear what ever she wants and do not judge her for sleeping with multiple men. If you want to seduce her she must not feel like a s***

Remember, if she sends you intimate pictures without your consent; let her know you will not show anyone. Delete the picture and let her be-aware of it and let her know you prefer the real thing.

Do ask for consent when sending pictures of genital. That's just gross.

Do go dutch. It is very sexiest to pay for the full meal. She will think highly of you and not feel that you are manipulating her into sex.

Do ask permission to do anything. She will be more attracted to a man who always practice consent and respects her space.

• Like 2

I am just myself and I talk to women like regular people and I never been remotely accused of harassment. Even two women who I used to not get along with it all never said I harassed them. In fact them discussing their sex lives right outside of my office was more of an HR issue.