Guys, do you put your income on dating sites??

AltarsofMadness

I'm a woman. I didn't put my income on there.

I will share my husband's experience. He was a middle class wage earner at the time. He initially left it blank. He got no responses. He lied & clicked the top box. His in box was over flowing.

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

Personally, it would be wonderful to meet a guy that can afford to eat out at higher end restaurants about once a week. Someone who can take a spontaneous 3 day weekend trip to a 4-5 star tropical resort without going into debt.

I can afford those things comfortably myself. It's a real downer that whenever I date or am in relationship, I have to forgo doing any of that because the guy doesn't earn enough to pay his half (even the thought of paying for him makes me :sick::sick::sick:) so I go without.

So yeah, putting your income down as 150K+ will attract higher earning women.

P.S. it's not about just income, it's also about a mentality. I am more of a "earn more and spend more" person than "earn less and spend less". There are some stingy high earners too which are not a good match for me.

Edited by Eternal Sunshine
  • Author
AltarsofMadness
Personally, it would be wonderful to meet a guy that can afford to eat out at higher end restaurants about once a week. Someone who can take a spontaneous 3 day weekend trip to a 4-5 star tropical resort without going into debt.

I can afford those things comfortably myself. It's a real downer that whenever I date or am in relationship, I have to forgo doing any of that because the guy doesn't earn enough to pay his half (even the thought of paying for him makes me :sick::sick::sick:) so I go without.

So yeah, putting your income down as 150K+ will attract higher earning women.

P.S. it's not about just income, it's also about a mentality. I am more of a "earn more and spend more" person than "earn less and spend less". There are some stingy high earners too which are not a good match for me.

I am in same boat as you, I agree 100%

• Author
AltarsofMadness
There should also be a DEBT category. Because, while my income pales in comparison to the high earners, I have zero debt and am rent and mortgage free. I can pretty much do what I want with whatever money I make, which doesn't have to be much. It's called winning. I don't have the big fancy house, but I never wanted it.

The kind of women who want a high income are the kind of women I have zero interest in. They like shopping, spending, shopping, spending.... I would either choose "prefer not to say" or the lowest income option. I am not my income, but I'm also a "one-off" so I'm not for everybody.

I would probably be a good fit with a high income, high spending woman as long as she is somewhat controlled

I have a nice house that's 60% paid for, a nice car totally paid for and no other debt but I love nice clothes, nice restaurants and vacations. Moderation is key to everything

and yea, I would love to meet a successful high income woman. I'm so ambitious and driven, I would love to meet someone that's the same

I think age makes a difference. The older you are the less likely you would really care how much one makes. Older women are done with raising kids, and most likely have their own house and are financially stable. Just gettin some good lovin would be more of a priority.

normal person

I've both listed it and not listed and found it doesn't really make a difference if you do it or not. If your profile is good and you seem like an appealing person who isn't leading with your money, women will want to go out with you regardless. If your money is all you've got to hang your hat on and you seem like a total bore otherwise, you'll probably still have some issues appealing to the more discerning women. The type of girl who sees just your income bracket and makes a decision about you on that alone, without considering anything else about you, is not the kind of girl you'll want. It might help you get a foot in the door, but at the end of the day, you've got to appeal to a woman on a deeper level as well.

• Like 1
  • Author
AltarsofMadness
I think age makes a difference. The older you are the less likely you would really care how much one makes. Older women are done with raising kids, and most likely have their own house and are financially stable. Just gettin some good lovin would be more of a priority.

I'm looking for mid to late 20s women

if I wanted an older woman, I could have that easily in real life lol. They love me

• Author
AltarsofMadness
I've both listed it and not listed and found it doesn't really make a difference if you do it or not. If your profile is good and you seem like an appealing person who isn't leading with your money, women will want to go out with you regardless. If your money is all you've got to hang your hat on and you seem like a total bore otherwise, you'll probably still have some issues appealing to the more discerning women. The type of girl who sees just your income bracket and makes a decision about you on that alone, without considering anything else about you, is not the kind of girl you'll want. It might help you get a foot in the door, but at the end of the day, you've got to appeal to a woman on a deeper level as well.

foot in the door is all I need. I'm very good on dates

I just don't ever get dates with anybody I could even consider being with

Most women below 30 want finical stability because they have marriage and kids on their mind. It's instinctive, and it's in the genetic code to want that.

I never wanted kids or marriage so I was ok with my husband having a lower income than me.

littleblackheart

Why don't you try those websites that are targeted specifically for high earners or professionals, if you already know that's what you're after?

• Author
AltarsofMadness
Why don't you try those websites that are targeted specifically for high earners or professionals, if you already know that's what you're after?

because it will be a monstrous sausagefest

There are way way more men earning 100K+ than women

I don't understand how filling in the income field on your profile is "Leading with money". Is it "Leading with height" if you fill in the height field?

• Like 1
GunslingerRoland

I'm not surprised it would increase level of success. But it's a very poor way to judge the level of security that person will bring you. Income says nothing about the benefits the jobs come with, the job security, not to mention as someone else said, the amount of debt you have and the spending habits.

A lot of people with head turning yearly income amounts and nothing to show for it.

Cookiesandough

#1 thing most women, particularly younger, will be looking for on a dating app is are you hot/their type. Most would care about your height more than your money. They're looking at your pics. If that interests them, they'll look at your profile/other stuff. Thats prob why its so hard for a lot of guys on there I imagine

Edited by Cookiesandough

I just don't ever get dates with anybody I could even consider being with

And right here is the answer to your question of why you can't find anyone. You're punching above your weight. Aiming out of your league.

You can be single or you can broaden your ideas of who you could date. The choice is yours.

• Like 1

Keep in mind, young attractive girls don't use Match or any of those OLD sites. They use Tinder, and now Bumble.

• Author
AltarsofMadness
And right here is the answer to your question of why you can't find anyone. You're punching above your weight. Aiming out of your league.

You can be single or you can broaden your ideas of who you could date. The choice is yours.

im 28, never been divorced, never had kids, attractive, nice physique, educated, good job, etc...

I'm basically looking for female equivalent of that and you think I'm punching above my league?

• Author
AltarsofMadness
Keep in mind, young attractive girls don't use Match or any of those OLD sites. They use Tinder, and now Bumble.

I don't want tinder or bumble

I can't see if they have kids, if they smoke, what job they work, etc... the whole point of OLD is to find specifically what you want

Hot women in their mid twenties with great careers are inundated with dating choices - I know I was one of them. I was propositioned by someone most days of the week, at work, parties, on the street, in shops etc. Never even thought about dating sites, attracting men or finding them, didnt need to. You might have more success in approaching these types of women in real life, especially as you are confident about your IRL abilities.

• Author
AltarsofMadness
Hot women in their mid twenties with great careers are inundated with dating choices - I know I was one of them. I was propositioned by someone most days of the week, at work, parties, on the street, in shops etc. Never even thought about dating sites, attracting men or finding them, didnt need to. You might have more success in approaching these types of women in real life, especially as you are confident about your IRL abilities.

I've glanced at dating sites before and did find a good amount of women who fit exactly what I want

In real life, I just don't come across a ton of women who fit exactly what I want because I live in the suburbs and the ones I do encounter never seem to like me. It's so unbelievably frustrating

im 28, never been divorced, never had kids, attractive, nice physique, educated, good job, etc...

I'm basically looking for female equivalent of that and you think I'm punching above my league?

If you can't get a girl with the criteria that you want, then yes, you are punching above your weight. Your results clearly show that the girls you want aren't inspired to date you.

On the positive, there are many women who do find you attractive. So at least you know where your league is. If you don't want older women or single mothers, you may have to consider broadening your definition of what you're looking for in a woman.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 2