At this point I wish she never existed really

hcedrick

(Ex-GF of a 5 year relationship)

At first I did NC for 2 months, then contacted her, then realized I was dumb so I stopped replying to her messages despite her initiating the texts many times. Then she stopped contacting me and I repeated the same mistake of contacting her but now she seems like she just doesn’t care at all.

To be honest it just feels like a curse, I don’t think I love her anymore because I’ve opened my eyes about many things that were wrong with her. She left me for a new guy and she seems so so so happy with him and he is the opposite of me. He has a lot of money, big house, nice car, but he looks like a douchebag but anyways all she cares about is superficial things so no wonder she seems so happy cause she is in love with the image, not the guy.

I have started to talk to new girls and it feels good but whenever I feel loneliness I end up stalking my ex and hating on her new perfect life and I know I am pathetic because I’m worth more than a shallow person like her.

I guess I can’t get over the disappointement that I feel about her. I’m disappointed to see she left me to get with this ugly douchebag.

When she left me I was having financial struggles but right now it’s getting better and better and I am very optimistic for the future and I am scared that when I get rich she comes back to me because of the money. I will feel disgusted because I will never want to get back with a girl who left me in tough times just to come back when it seems good for her. Other women I started to talk to seem much better than her but for some reason she is the one who is still on my mind despite the fact that I despise her now. I don’t even know why I am addicted like that, to be honest she is a gold digging whore to my eyes. I really thought me and her had a special something but she is so careless now like I could die and she wouldn’t even care after spending 5 years together. It’s so stupid. I wish I could erase her of all my memories.

Fishforbreakfast

It sucks, it's her loss, if she is with him for the money she will be looking back on her life in 20 years wondering if this is it, love is priceless I'd rather spend life with someone with less money who makes me happy, money can't buy happiness. Best thing to do (everyone tells me) is make your life good and try to put her out of your mind if you can't dedicate like 20min a day to thinking about it and maybe right it down then try to not think about her the rest of the day. It's really good to read back and see much better you get, I sometimes read back and think wow I can't remember being that upset over him and it's reassuring that time does make things better. She lost someone who loved her you lost a gold digger (if she is what you say she is) so you are the winner in the whole thing even if it doesn't feel like it now. I just saw my ex with a new gf who is a dr and spiritual guru makes me feel like a little child in comparison to her but I'm doing my best and that's really all you can do.. good luck mate!

A lot of people have experiences like this, I did, right before I met my wife I knew this long-term relationship was going to end when I moved to another coast and before I could restart my career in law enforcement I was forced to get some type of work (I had to eat). I had two jobs, the one at 7-11 is the contention…I was joking around and sent her a picture of me wearing just my 7-11 smock (it came down to my knees), she thought it was funny, so did I until she said, “you haven’t shown this to anyone else, or told any of our friends where you’re working did you?” She was embarrassed and when she moved out and eventually dumped me I felt similar to what you have described…I was addicted to her, the sex, the way she looked, it was intoxicating and I felt bad for a long time.

My point, you’re not alone and you can move on, ditch all the anger and keep this as a learning tool, you’re better than that and you certainly deserve better than that. If you can’t seem to get over the hump, don’t be prideful and go see a therapist…they can help, I know! The issue I see, you haven’t let her go, reinforce your mind, you don’t need her, find something else to do, find someone else to date…do something other than reminiscing…block her number in your phone, her email, text etc., and remove any visual reminders, pictures etc. Don’t beat yourself up, we all fall down, it’s how you get back up is what counts!