Breaking free from nasty psycho girlfriend

• Author

She tried to contact again, I ignored.

I then recieved a threat indirectly saying that my car is going to get destroyed.

I have no proof of this threat, what should I do?

Ignore that psycho and leave her alone, assume that nothing will happen.

If your car gets destroyed then go to the police, maybe set up a camera or something beforehand but she is probably just being desperate for attention.

She tried to contact again, I ignored.

I then recieved a threat indirectly saying that my car is going to get destroyed.

I have no proof of this threat, what should I do?

Explain this a little more

• Author
Explain this a little more

She emailed me, i ignored.

I got home one night and she was outside mine in her friends car, she tried to talk to me, I told her to go away, she asks friend “can I borrow your keys”? Her friend laughs and says yes. I ask what for, she replies “you’ll see”.

• Author
Did she do something to your car?

She has threatened to use a key to scratch my czr.

• Author

Today is my third day NC, the longest we’ve ever gone without communicating since we known each other. I feel like I’ve had a weight lifted off my shoulders, my friends and colleagues have noticed I have been less stressed recently.

I sure as hell miss her body though.. that is going to take some time to get over..

• Author

Fifth day NC. I get moments of missing her a huge amount but generally i’m ok. Looking forward to 1 week NC!

*sigh*

So I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but I'm going to add my thoughts, anyway. OP, how exactly do you know that your ex had shady intentions when she said she wanted to meet up with a friend over some drinks? I do this all the time with old friends that I haven't talked to in years, and a lot of them are opposite gender friends as well. For all you know maybe she really did want to just hang out with this friend and catch up. How do you know she has absolutely no guy friends? You don't live inside her head...you don't know everything about her.

From some of the posts I've seen she does seem very immature especially if she has threatened to key your car and a bunch of crap. But seriously, in the end NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU CONTROL YOUR PARTNER, there will ALWAYS be the chance that they are cheating on you, no matter what. Insecurity is dangerous. It tends to cause the things that we're scared of happening in the first place.

Again, I have no idea what her intentions were. You know her better than me, so maybe she very well was trying to take advantage of you with this guy 'friend' or whatever, but either way, you 'forbidding her' (lmfao), from seeing this friend will NOT stop her from cheating if that's essentially what she wants to do anyway, REGARDLESS if you tell her not to hang out with him. Again, usually it's this kind of controlling behavior (yes, it's controlling) that makes people do that kind of stuff in the first place. People respect people who rightfully trust them. Yes, there are a lot of people who do end up cheating even when people do say, "Okay, it's fine if you hang out with this person.", but the point is, you have no idea if she is being genuine or not. And the fact of the matter is this person very well may genuinely be just a good friend she hasn't seen in a while.

So I mean...idk. Sadly this is a problem that seemingly the majority of people have, but in my mind I don't even see why they would get with somebody if they aren't able to trust them. I know plenty of people who have multiple opposite gender friends and their partner has zero problems with it and they're still going stronger than ever. So... *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I feel free, she can’t contact me any more. No more weekly check in, no more going back to square one whenever she contacts me.

Happy days! Hope everyone has a good day!!

• Like 8
  • Author

Thanks! Just fyi for fellow people who are looking to cut out their ex, they can still quite easily contact you if you block them. If they leave a voicemail you will receive it, and they can hide their caller ID to contact you.

Scary stuff.

• Like 2

Thank god mine hasn't reached out its been 4+ months..even if she did at this point i wouldn't give a flyin fcks

And congrats on moving forward..all the best

• Like 2

That was the single most helpful thing you have done to get you through this break up. It never fells in helping you get over someone. Checking a phone to see if someone calls or texts will drive anyone crazy. I don't know why more people in your situation don't do it. It takes guts. Good for you.

• Like 1
  • Author

It genuinely has. The stress of thinking “when is she going to contact me next?” was really taking its toll. I feel free, like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It also showed the girl that I’m currently seeing that I have no intention to ever talk to my ex again, which she was concerned about.

• Like 2

Kudos to you. That really demonstrates progress with moving on. I am trying to do similar things to move on as well, and your example here is very inspiring.

• Author

Today I went to a shopping mall where me and my ex used to previously shop, with the new girl that i’m seeing. Big mistake; seeing spots where we used to chill hit me hard.. I didn’t think that was possible for me. I soldiered through the day with her on my mind however I did draft an email on a throwaway account telling her how much I loved her and missed her, fortunately I did not hit send.

Tough day but witheld the temptation...

• Like 1
Today I went to a shopping mall where me and my ex used to previously shop, with the new girl that i’m seeing. Big mistake; seeing spots where we used to chill hit me hard.. I didn’t think that was possible for me. I soldiered through the day with her on my mind however I did draft an email on a throwaway account telling her how much I loved her and missed her, fortunately I did not hit send.

Tough day but witheld the temptation...

I have heard many therapists suggest exactly what you did as far as writing a letter. It let's you get the feelings off your chest, and sometimes even makes you aware of certain feelings you didn't even know where there as you write it. However, just like you did, you NEVER send it. Great job at the self-control.

I did something similar myself one day, a "venting" letter, of all the things I wanted to tell her to give myself closure. Writing it and getting it off my chest was the best closure I'll ever get, as there is nothing she could say to make me hurt any less, as I'm sure you know with your own situation.

I had a similar situation yesterday when I went to the supermarket, though no new girlfriend on my end at this time. While some of the things I saw as I was shopping reminded me of her, I pushed through it.

The more you push through these lingering feelings and connections, the easier it will get. You got this, I can tell from your posts and conviction.

• Author

I woke up today missing her, I’m not sure why. I miss her laugh and the conversations we used to have, I miss her company and her body. I’m currently seeing a great girl - decent career, drives/nice car, good upbringing and family life, honest, only slept with a couple of people, beautiful.. but for some reason I’m missing my ex who is the polar opposite of the new girl. I haven’t had contact from my ex in over a week.

I guess it’s just one of those days,

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Because you're human and your ex was a big part of your life. It doesn't mean you want to go back so accept it for what it is. A moment in time.

• Like 1
I woke up today missing her, I’m not sure why. I miss her laugh and the conversations we used to have, I miss her company and her body. I’m currently seeing a great girl - decent career, drives/nice car, good upbringing and family life, honest, only slept with a couple of people, beautiful.. but for some reason I’m missing my ex who is the polar opposite of the new girl. I haven’t had contact from my ex in over a week.

You shouldn't be contacting your ex at all if you are with another girl. You are cheating. If you don't want you current gf break up with her so she will be free for a man who deserves her. Not one who is still pinning over some ex gf.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Author
You shouldn't be contacting your ex at all if you are with another girl. You are cheating. If you don't want you current gf break up with her so she will be free for a man who deserves her. Not one who is still pinning over some ex gf.

5 threads about an ex?

What on earth are you going on about? When did I say I was contacting my ex?

I read it in one of your threads where you spent the day with her. I didn't read all of the other threads. Have you stopped contact with your ex?

• Author
I read it in one of your threads where you spent the day with her. I didn't read all of the other threads. Have you stopped contact with your ex?

Yes I have stopped contact, she continously contacted me one way or another until my only option was to change my number, which I did.

I woke up this morning missing her but fortunately I feel fine now, must’ve had a dream (nightmare) about her :)