Do you really have a type

thefooloftheyear

This thread should be shown to all the younger guys on here that think they don't have the perfect looks, physique., height, hair, whatever...and that there is virtually no hope..

Pay attention...

No disrespect here, just an observation, but notice how most of the younger ladies still looking for Tom Brady, while some of the older ones are now ok with a variety of guys and their appearances/shortcomings.....

Maybe its just a matter of waiting a while with them...The tables turn here for you, fellas...just stay in reasonable condition and work on your career.....:laugh:

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
  • Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

My type is alpha, confident, KIND, shares my same religious and moral values, has his **** together, and has good hygiene (no bad teeth!). I have to be attracted to him, but that really runs the gamut. I don't have a physical type I'm attracted to. I like smiles and shoulders, but that's about all I have as a physical "type."

• Like 2
This thread should be shown to all the younger guys on here that think they don't have the perfect looks, physique., height, hair, whatever...and that there is virtually no hope..

Pay attention...

No disrespect here, just an observation, but notice how most of the younger ladies still looking for Tom Brady, while some of the older ones are now ok with a variety of guys and their appearances/shortcomings.....

Maybe its just a matter of waiting a while with them...The tables turn here for you, fellas...just stay in reasonable condition and work on your career.....:laugh:

TFY

Here is the thing... giving up is stupid. A ruthless commitment to self improvement is how a boy should respond to this.

I'm going to tell you the truth. When I'm out there single at 5% bodyfat women respond to me completely different that when I'm 20% or 30%. I've lifted weights my whole life, but I'm not huge.

Also... it simply isn't fair to ask a significant portion of the male population to wait around for some beat up old hags to decide that chasing "Tom Brady" looking guys isn't working for them. These guys need to be taught how to get in the game earlier, and family law needs to be readjusted to punish bad female behavior.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Here is the thing... giving up is stupid. A ruthless commitment to self improvement is how a boy should respond to this.

I'm going to tell you the truth. When I'm out there single at 5% bodyfat women respond to me completely different that when I'm 20% or 30%. I've lifted weights my whole life, but I'm not huge.

Also... it simply isn't fair to ask a significant portion of the male population to wait around for some beat up old hags to decide that chasing "Tom Brady" looking guys isn't working for them. These guys need to be taught how to get in the game earlier, and family law needs to be readjusted to punish bad female behavior.

There is a lot to unpack in your post. I'll start with asking what the heck you mean about family law being readjusted.

• Like 2
There is a lot to unpack in your post. I'll start with asking what the heck you mean about family law being readjusted.

The system as it is today just rewards the laziest person with the lowest moral character. It benefits lawyers a lot, but has horrific ramifications for society.

• Author

Cobra is probably talking about Single fathers paying through the roof for their kids and not being able to see them.

I am single and childless. I am going to keep it that way, until a great woman convinces me otherwise.

My "type" has evolved over the years as well.

Physically, I used to focus on blondes or redheads with an athletic or slim build. But, now, I have learned not to dial in on physical attributes as much and am really only turned off by over-weight women. I love curves but not obesity.. I can find a few physical attributes in a woman that light a spark in me and that's been good enough.

Emotionally, I used to be drawn towards incredibly independent and strong willed women. Unfortunately, many of the women that I met with this type of personality were incredibly high-maintenance. And, they were also very extroverted which I am not so it was difficult to find things we enjoyed doing together. I enjoy big social functions here and there but you won't catch me out every weekend..

I swung the other way and dated many introverted women but I had a hard time with that as many of them were kind of clingy and we also had a hard time finding things to do together. Again, the pendulum swung and they rarely wanted to leave the house other than to go to dinner or a movie.

So, now I have learned to find a middle ground; I'm attracted to extroverted introverts (like me) who enjoy a balance between going out and staying in. They also need to be independent enough to give me my alone time.

And, I am absolutely turned off by women who aren't terribly bright and aren't well spoken. It basically only takes one "hru?" text for me to lose interest.

I like short girls with cute faces. Bonus if she's a redhead, but since redheads are hard to find then it's not really that big of a deal lol. Any race is fine but i'm mostly attracted to white girls and i'm the least attracted to black girls.

The reason I like short girls is because i'm a pretty short guy myself so it's what i'm most comfortable with. I could date a girl a couple inches taller than me but if she were taller than 5 ft 5, then we would really have to be compatible if I would consider dating.

Edited by GuitarGuy7

For me its the intangible and dare I say it intelligence and intellectual ability really grab my attention, to an extent more than physical appearance but combine the above mentioned attributes with a pretty face and for me that's a win. If she makes me think and challenges me that's also extremely attractive to me.

Yes, I do like tall, athletic brunettes, I have been lucky enough to go out with a few incredibly pretty ladies and I wont lie there is something superficially nice about walking into a room with someone and heads turn.

I like short girls with cute faces. Bonus if she's a redhead, but since redheads are hard to find then it's not really that big of a deal lol. Any race is fine but i'm mostly attracted to white girls and i'm the least attracted to black girls.

The reason I like short girls is because i'm a pretty short guy myself so it's what i'm most comfortable with. I could date a girl a couple inches taller than me but if she were taller than 5 ft 5, then we would really have to be compatible if I would consider dating.

Sounds like I’m your type ;) lol

Physically, I am all over the map. I don't have a strong preference for any physical type. I've dated women of many races and body types.

On the other side, mentally I do have a type. A strong, independent woman who doesn't actually need me but wants to be with me is super attractive. I want a partner in life.

• 3 weeks later...

Personality 75% Physique 25%

To me, her brain is the most sexy thing.

I dont care if shes blond, brunette, tall or small, dont care about eye color. If shes not the personality i want, i dont care if shes the hottest woman in the world.

• Like 1
  • Author

I like being babied and fussed over. I love women with baby faces. I like expressive faces. Body type not too heavy. Not to lean. I am more a face guy.

Cookiesandough

I have resolved not to waver from my type for as long as I can, even if that means dating more rarely. Quality>Quantity

• Like 3
  • Author
I have resolved not to waver from my type for as long as I can, even if that means dating more rarely. Quality>Quantity

Cookiedough whats your type?n Looks/personality.

I feel that way too. But I am also trying get my life together a bit before trying to date seriously. I wish you luck cookies!

• Author

My type as of Nov 2017.

Physically when I look at her. Pretty/Beautiful. Height- Shorter than my 5'9. Weight. Not to heavy/Skinny.

Hair- Long but can pin it up. Hair colour. I don't really care as much. Although I do notice redheads.

Personality-Warm and Sweet towards me. Envisions us a a Long Term couple. Sharp mind. Likes to converse and has a sense of humour. Loves Cats.

All around a great girl and we really work on ourselves to make us great as a couple.

translucentsoul

Type.

I must have a few.

My partners have been from a multitude of cultures, varying heights, somewhat similar in profession or hobbies.

Longer hair, artistic outlook, most were slender, a couple were not. Muscle definition from daily use, not the gym.

All were passionate about something.

Most were highly intelligent, even if they didn't think of themselves as such.

All were respectful, able to behave in coupledom well.

Since I'm a shorter redhead, I know that I'm either a heck yes or a heck no.