My girlfriend is in a really bad place

Chriscross

Yes I agree she can't do this on her own, so my suggestions were to be at her side and participate in eating healthy, exercising, give her guidance and support and encouragement in anyway to make steps towards clearer thinking so she can start making the decision to seek therapy from a professional, when she's ready to do so. Depression is exasperated by the lack of exercise and healthy eating so why not start there? To help feel motivated every step of the way.

You can't sit there and fold your arms and tell them to get to a doctor. They can do it in small steps support/helpful encouragement to eventually have them running full speed.

• Like 1

Similar, yes, and I understand your frustration…I have one question you need to be completely honest with yourself about –

What are you willing to do to help her and your relationship?

What can you do to relieve some of the pressures she is experiencing, is there a chore you can accomplish to help her, I have a friend who went through law school and it was horrific, the pressure, take her on a walk, a bicycle ride, encourage her to exercise by taking a stroll as you talk about your day etc., join a Bible study group, even if you’re not religious or you don’t believe, you read for pleasure right, well, think of the Bible as another novel, except that it’s something she can relate to, something she’s feeling guilty about, and would help her knowing you’re taking an interest or learning more about her faith…which in turn is learning more about her. All of these things would relieve her insecurity about her past relationships…trust etc., don’t bail, think of it as a marriage, for better or worse, this just happens to be the worse…better is right around the corner.

What do you think?