Gf won't forgive me. 4 month relationship destroyed by 1 mistake...

@cookiesanddough

Sometimes I feel like ppl look but don't actually see. He clearly said that his pills are a prescription - he is supposed to take them every night. He did not take them in order to deal with his issues with her. He took them because he is SUPPOSED TO take them every night.

The alcohol on the other hand was a mistake. He drank after taking the pills and drank way too much. He didn't know better. Hopefully he does now.

OP, I think sending her the letter was not a bad idea. However, after this letter, I would let things be. If things are meant to be, she'll come back. Although, I think if this should happen, you'll need to sought out the other issues you have with her - her lying, her flakiness, your lack of trust etc.

Cookiesandough

He said he got upset so he drank...That is self medicating. Alcohol isn't intended for use as a mood stabilizer. Mixing them with prescribed meds is danger. I also question that he is just beginning to take meds for insomnia/sleep disorder and hes on 900mgs of gabapentin, 200mg quetiapine, 1 MG on clonazepam...????!!!!!

What kind of Dr would start you on that?>.>

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 2
I'm just explaining what happened and giving details. I took full responsibility in my letter and said that the alcohol and medication mix is no excuse for me saying hurtful things and does not absolve me of facing the consequences of my actions. I did apologize for my irresponsibility and poor decisions that night as part of the apology.

So a single incident like this erases all the love I ever showed this woman and the fact that I've never mistreated her? I'm really struggling with that because please keep in mind that I have no recollection of the conversation. It's making it difficult for me to process. Sorry.

Yeah, like I said - it's self preservation on her part.

Look at it objectively: Your daughter is dating a man who suddenly comes out with accusations and verbal abuse. What would you advise her to do?

littleblackheart

Having to soothe and appease someone who suffers from insecurities and distrust is not fun. I agree with CoolJoe, this can't have been an isolated incident in her own mind. If you're waiting for her to trip up at every turn and don't believe her anyway, she will feel the pressure and won't stick around for the ride.

You say you are addressing your issues (do they stem from unresolved incidents in your past?); this is a good thing, but you may not be ready for a full-on relationship just yet.

Also, if she did lie and you can't get past it, it's not fair on either of you to pursue this.

• Like 1

Folks as a general reminder when replying please remember that it is dangerous to jump to conclusions so quickly off of the little information you are given. After reviewing this thread I see the OP defending himself from several speculations before he even had an opportunity to expand on his story.

As the OP has expressed he no longer wanted to continue the discussion I will close this one up.If BoxNSox wishes to reopen and update he can make that request via the ALERT US button. ~T

• Like 3