Hi went on a date and I'm not sure if he's interested? 😣

Gaynor4

Sorry to say but some men are honestly pigs. They will pretend to be nice just to get into your pants. A LOT of men prioritize sex before anything else. They might actually even date you after but sex comes first. So if you reject their sexual advances, they will lose interest.

I agree that a lot of guys prioritise sex. But I don't think that makes us "pigs". That's pretty offensive actually.

Sex is a very important part of any relationship, and for me, if there isn't sex early on, there won't be a relationship.

Yes, this guy did sound like he wanted sex. But so did the Op. I mean, she drive 50 miles to meet this guy, for a date at his house...

So yes, I think he has lost interest because of the sex fail. Whether or not that would have made him stick around and date the op I don't know... He did seem to put so little effort in, so maybe it wouldn't have made much difference in this case...

• Author

You really can't win can you...i liked him and I thought well it's better to get to know him first before involving sex. I guess I would have felt worse if I had gone ahead with him though.

Time will tell I suppose. I just find people so confusing though.

• Author

Well, sex is a big thing in a relationship...but I just thought it best to try to develop some sort of connection before we went that far.

Surely it's not unreasonable to wait a bit of time.

I just thought this time it seemed like it was worth hanging on instead of rushing in, as that usually seems to make men lose interest quick as well...

Never sell yourself short in hopes to maybe get a relationship. I'm a believer of developing some kind of emotional connection too, but also have self worth. I feel a man should value you, not just for what's in your panties. I think most women would like to feel they are worth the wait. Not 6 month wait but at least some commitment, and honest interest in the individual.

If they don't like that then it's a simple matter of incompatibility of expectations. So tough tits to him. Next!

• Like 1

It's like they treat you the same way they would treat a pair of new shoes - "let me try on the shoes first then maybe I'll buy it. MAYBE, we'll see".

I've experienced this more times than I can count. It's honestly upsetting that many men think this way.

Yes, something went wrong....didn't have sex. It's really sad that people read texting as a quality way of getting to know/ communicate with someone now. Creates a feeling of intimacy with possibly next to 0 effort from the other party

I hate texting. It is so boring and unsatisfying to me. Also, when I get one I feel obligated to respond when oftentimes I really don't want to.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Ive never made a guy wait 6 months, but I have told guys I'm not sleeping with them yet until I get to know them more (it had been 6, 7 dates) and not one has lost interest...In fact, I think that makes them MORE interested(maybe for the wrong reasons...but whatever) It's not even like this guy was paying for your dates or anything and thought he was being taken advantage of. It was your second hangout and chilling out together...He just wasn't a match for you.

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
Well, sex is a big thing in a relationship...but I just thought it best to try to develop some sort of connection before we went that far.

Surely it's not unreasonable to wait a bit of time...

No, of course it's not unreasonable.

But best to steer clear of iffy situations (like going seriously out of your way, and "dates" in the house) until you feel ready.