8 to 10...what does the reply mean though?

Personally I find it useless to try to teach someone a lesson or challenge their dating profile. If your principles clash already before you have even met each other, you are simply not a match.

People have their preferences and even if they are silly, over the top, pretentious, arrogant and whatnot, it is not your job to talk them out of it. It's counterproductive as you are looking for a match for you. There are loads of people who are not, there's no point to "educate" them or diagnose them.

From my OLD days I remember that it was instant turnoff for me when someone approached me with a challenging attitude as if I'm already doing something wrong. And I didn't even have anything as pretentious in my profile like the video that OP mentioned. If you are already arguing before even meeting each other then you are obviously not a match.

• Like 1
oh, look matter, but not all that matters. The guy actually has a brain matching his look as well. Highly educated and passionate in what he does. we are in the same field. and he surf (from CA) and I snowboard(the true north).

I am actually not the kind of person who only attracted to look. The person has to turn on my brain as well.

He might look good and he might be intelligent but he does not seem a very nice person.

staggerlee71

I cant believe this there is this much thought and reading put into his response.

I love that video because it is funny and stereotypical. Its just a knock on stereotypes. Its a friggin joke. a smart one at that, that's why its funny.

In terms of his response, its set up for banter, for wit. he doesn't think he is a narcissist. He is confident and he is telling you. the interpretation is he doesn't realize narcissist is regarded as a negative word.

have fun with this guy attack his "narcissism" and see if actually knows what it means. you have a challenge ahead of you, have fun with it.

crikey, give the guy more rope and let him hang himself if he is a jerk.

wow, open up a witty discourse and see what happens

you cant literally read into what OLD guys are writing until you know what he wants and knows.

• Like 1
  • Author
Springsummer
I cant believe this there is this much thought and reading put into his response.

I love that video because it is funny and stereotypical. Its just a knock on stereotypes. Its a friggin joke. a smart one at that, that's why its funny.

In terms of his response, its set up for banter, for wit. he doesn't think he is a narcissist. He is confident and he is telling you. the interpretation is he doesn't realize narcissist is regarded as a negative word.

have fun with this guy attack his "narcissism" and see if actually knows what it means. you have a challenge ahead of you, have fun with it.

crikey, give the guy more rope and let him hang himself if he is a jerk.

wow, open up a witty discourse and see what happens

you cant literally read into what OLD guys are writing until you know what he wants and knows.

I completely agree with you.

Actually I thought about how to response to his so call "narcissism' and do some philosophical discourse. oh, man, you completely read my mind about this one.

but...........the bottom line is I don't have confident. I don't think I am up to his standard, that's the reason I hesitate to response again.

Edited by Springsummer
staggerlee71

I got you. So you think he is a bit out of your league. The fact that he even responded tells you he has some interest. He finds you attractive enough to investigate. so this is where you shine.

Forget for a minute that your putting him on a pedestal. which you shouldn't.

Just email back something sarcastic about narcissism. then include something unrelated, fun and engaging.

he is looking for ease. for you to engage him and give him something to work with. he will lead but you have to help. always engaging and open ended. hes not looking for smart right away. hes looking for fun and ease. one or two emails and it should just cruise if he interested. as you go, you will be able to tell if he is a player, if he is not a player but interested, if he is a dud. you don't have to figure it all in one night. just get an ease of discourse going, and that will happen if you help, no closed ended or one word answers and never just answer without a question or leading flirtatious statement

• Like 1
  • Author
Springsummer

Forget for a minute that your putting him on a pedestal. which you shouldn't.

oh, yes, this is very important, which I have a tendency to do so.

I do realize once I put someone or something in a pedestal, it almost guarantee to fail.

• Author
Springsummer

um.......so I replied yesterday night. and wish him a nice Thanksgiving. no response so far:( I saw him online a few times since.

um...why I even waste time and embarrassed myself when I don't even see the possibility? oh, well...

It's interesting to know how one msg could be open to a wide variety of interpretation, sometimes the total opposite. who know which one is the most accurate interpretation?

I guess in life we just do what we do, and hope things will work out.

Edited by Springsummer