Ex-FWB blocked me on Facebook

• Author
This is a very obvious situation to me.

You guys have feelings for each other. She can't stand being your friend on facebook not because she's narcissistic or self-absorbed, but because it gives her anxiety since she is likely in love with you but feels you can't be together. So it threatens her security and makes her jealous when she sees the possibility of you being with other women, she obsesses over the statuses. She has no peace of mind being your fb friend since she does not have platonic feelings for you.

So you now have this push-pull dynamic since you guys are into each other but there are obviously circumstantial barriers preventing one or the other of you from being together. Namely, the age problem.

What do you want from this situation? If you want a relationship, you need to come out and say it since you are the one that will likely be sacrificing in her eyes (since she is older and you would have more opportunities/presumably more to lose by being with her).

She obviously can't really let you go (loves you) but also doesn't have the security of being fully in your life in the way she would prefer to be. So it eats away at her and she has this back-and-forth dynamic.

Anyway, I am drawing from my own experience since I've had a complicated emotional affair with a man that spanned many years and was just a total heartache for me. I would also defriend him periodically to protect myself (he hated that). I was sure I wanted more, though; he was the one who was a fence sitter when it came to me. Didn't want to commit to me but didn't want anyone else to have me, either. I would bet dollars to donuts that the dynamic here is very similar despite what she says. I think you guys either need to fully let each other go or you need to step up and make it official. Anything less is likely torture for her, hence why she pours through your statuses and gives them meaning you didn't intend.

So I took your advice and told her how I felt. She replied back yesterday saying she forgot to block me, and now she has. So it's done. she's immature and petty. I also think it's complete crap that she just, "forgot" to block me.

Too bad. She's kinda immature then. But then again, you are too. :laugh:

Your case interests me in a retrospective fashion, since I had the same thing with a girl for about 5 years.

In my experience, the longer the problem lasts, there are less possibilities that it will turn out good (for you).

Honestly, just let her go.

Here’s my insight ::

Who cares what happens on Facebook ?! You should be confident enough to know that by now.

If you aren’t then seek help

Good job on losing the weight

• Author
Too bad. She's kinda immature then. But then again, you are too. :laugh:

Your case interests me in a retrospective fashion, since I had the same thing with a girl for about 5 years.

In my experience, the longer the problem lasts, there are less possibilities that it will turn out good (for you).

Honestly, just let her go.

I have been much more mature in this situation than she has. Matter of fact, this past weekend I was at a bar with some friends for a Halloween event. She ended up being there too. Once she noticed I was there, she started dancing with a random guy and made sure I saw it. When I was doing my own thing and started dancing with someone, she noticed and grabbed the guy closer. Then at one point, she kept glancing over to see if I was paying attention. My buddy noticed and showed me. She then proceeded to start kissing the guy. They kissed a few times.

I find that immature, and I did not let it ruin my night.