Can coming from a broken home contribute to someone becoming a WS?

GunslingerRoland

Personally I think you'd be really limiting your dating pool sticking to only those who had a 2 parent family their whole life. Well unless you are dating mostly guys who grew up in other parts of the world.

• Like 2

My parents married 56yrs before we lost em.

but it was no picnic through a lot of that and they went full circle by their 80s.

Strange though , l just remembered ,when l was 16 and they were so miserable around then, l wanted them to get a divorce so that they might be happy.

But , a zillion yrs later and they were doting on each other again, just goes to show , they don't makem like they use to right,

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 1

Life is filled with Patterns. We just have to find them. My parents have been Married for 48 yrs this November.

I think my parents are sort of conflict avoidant when it comes to their marriage. They don't want to start over. So at 77 they both will die out on each other, over getting divorced.

• Like 1

Broken home here. Lots of infidelity on both sides.

And yes I have cheated. Now I usually try hard to never point fingers. It's not my parents fault, it's not my husbands fault.

But if he hadn't cheated first (his parents were married till death, but it was an abusive home) I don't know if I would have ever crossed that line - 14 years faithful, and I remember thinking, well if I took him back, I expect the same.

My older siblings had an even tougher childhood, my mom was married and divorced 4 times before my dad came along.

And my brother just celebrated his 25 year anniversary (no infidelity) and my sister has been married for 20.

For every trend there is an outlier.

• Like 1

My grand father and my dad both cheated on their wives. My Parents are still together. My G-parents stared till death.

Love relationships are complex. To me. I think that both parties should have a real raw pow wow and state their realistic expectations to each other.

A woman getting me gets the following.

I am a 46 yr old Black Canadian Male. Who is warm and friendly and Introspective. I am a big music fan, who likes to go to a lot of concerts big and small. I work out 5 days a week. I have a lot of friends and can be content with my own company and I love lots of physical affection and I am a curious introspective conversationalist.

So when I get into a romantic relationship. There is no need for me and a woman to cheat on each other.

I think that couple who are in for the long haul should be as in synch as possible.