Guy online asked me on a date, but hasn't confirmed. Date is today...

Free2be89

• Author
I don't buy that this guy 'forgot' about the date. For some, it's easier to pretend ignorance.

Whether he has too much going on or he is sly or thinks he is, he is not a keeper.

I agree. We hadn't even met yet and he couldn't commit to a no pressure first date. I wasted 4 weeks of my time pen pal-ing. smh lol

When he messaged why didn't you just ask him about the date? If nothing else than to see if he gives a BS answer.

I'm curious too. Why, OP, did you have the self-respect and common sense to ignore him instead of entertaining his nonsense on a Saturday night, of all times? :laugh:

• Author
When he messaged why didn't you just ask him about the date? If nothing else than to see if he gives a BS answer.

I never asked, but he said that he hadn't slept very well the night before (he mentioned before having insomnia), and he had a killer headache. (Which doesn't explain the lack of communication in the days leading up to the date). I was annoyed and didn't want to get into it, so I said "Sorry to hear that. Have a good week." and left it at that. He didn't respond.

Cookiesandough

Damn. Do you think you will try to meet up sooner from now on? I understand that some women need a lot of communication to feel comfortable to meet, but feel I think like if a guy was trying to talk to me for a month without setting up a date it would be a red flag in and of itself. I don't give them more than a few days/ handful back and forth said.If they don't ask me out or at least hint to it I unmatch them

• Like 1
  • Author
Damn. Do you think you will try to meet up sooner from now on? I understand that some women need a lot of communication to feel comfortable to meet, but feel I think like if a guy was trying to talk to me for a month without setting up a date it would be a red flag in and of itself. I don't give them more than a few days/ handful back and forth said.If they don't ask me out or at least hint to it I unmatch them

Definitely going to try to meet up sooner from now on. This was honestly the longest time I ever entertained waiting so long. Every other guy I've met in person was usually within the first week. The whole 4 weeks we were talking, he was diligent about keeping in contact and hadn't disappeared or ghosted, so I guess I told myself he was being respectable and taking it slow. lol :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Don't let his rudeness / forgetfulness make you think everybody is like this.

You knew something was wrong when he didn't confirm plans. Continue to trust yourself.

I'm sorry it didn't work out. In the future don't be afraid to take the bull by the horns to get things organized. There is no shame in being direct & being forthright is not being needy.

• Like 2

IMO if they haven't asked you out after a couple of messages, then they are busy weighing a lot of other options. Just pass on them and block delete. Tell them up front you are not interested in being someones penpal.

• Like 1