Dad was accused of having an affair with mom's best friend. Denies it.

London.

• Author

My dad came over really late Saturday night and spent the night. When I found them together that morning, that was the happiest I've seen her in weeks. They were just snuggling on my couch.

I know she went through his credit card transactions and their phone records and nothing came up, and I mentioned the text recovery thing to her, so now she wants him to do that.

When I brought my son out to see my dad, they both bawled over how much he looks like my brother. My moms been saying that she regrets not having one more kid.

• Like 3

This is a horrible place to be. . I am so sorry.

The only advice I have to offer is that maybe your dad take her to get some help and counseling. Committing suicide is not a realistic reaction to cheating. Being angry is for sure, being hurt, acting out in some ways is going to happen, but if someone has tried to commit suicide they need help from professionals and possibly medication.

I hope this gets better and solves it, maybe you can convince your parents to go to couples counseling, as well as your mother see a psychiatrist.

The thing is, when she's asked to show the proof she supposedly has she makes excuses for not showing it. It's like ok either put up or shut up. She's saying she has texts and pictures, but is empty handed when it comes down to it.

she still has enough regard for her friend that already cut herself. that's why she doesn't want to show more proof.

i think your dad is fibbing. at the very least something went on, my guess would be an emotional affair. otherwise why does he have messages in his phone saying that he loves his wife??

texting your wife's bff crosses a line. he crossed a line. and your mom knows it.

follow the money. find evidence another way and support your mother with the knowledge that whatever happens, she's still got assets. a house, a bank account, pension. ect. nothing can cheer up a middle age woman more than knowing whatever happens she's gonna have assets and an income.

p.s. she raised you right and kuddos for all the support and love you are showing her.

• Like 1

When I was with my ex husband, I went through something similar. My best friend was telling him that I was cheating on him. I wasn't. She wanted him to leave me, for her. So, as much as people think it is unlikely that mom's bestie is lying, and dad is cheating, it is possible. I went through almost a year of misery because my friend was lying to my husband behind my back every chance she got. In the end he hated her for her deception, so she lost "the man of her dreams".

Never underestimate what someone will do when you are with the person the think that they are in love with.

If the best friend doesn't show someone definitive proof of an affair, her toxic behavior needs to be removed from all of your lives.

• Like 1

I think its really sad that your mother would automatically believe her friend over her husband. Im not saying he didnt cheat, he may have; but he may not have either. I find it really unusual that she says she has proof but wont show it. The husband has had nothing show up that would indicate he is cheating.

No one knows the motivation of the other woman. She may well just want him for herself, and figures this is the best way to do it. Its rare that there is an affair with absolutely no proof whatsoever.

• Like 1

Well, to be fair, no one here knows any of these people, and look how many jumped to the "he has to be cheating" conclusion. Of course, many times when we've been touched by the Devil we start seeing demons under every doily.

• Like 1