Why do older men not message me at all on OLD?

Cookiesandough

translucentsoul
I (mid late 20s) don't think I've ever received a message from a man over 38...

Why? I don't think my profile is immature. It's just interesting that I mostly get 30-35 with a few 38 but never any higher??? I mean not one guy in his 40s messaging me that I can recall? No guys in their 60s? I mean not that I'm trying to date a guy that much older, just curious?

Can other ladies relate?

So, you don't want to date men in specific age ranges and you are bummed they aren't messaging you?

What do you want out of that?

My parameters are set at 50-65. I get messages from 50-68.

• Like 1

For POF the site won't let anyone message anyone else that is 15 years younger then them. Not sure if other dating sites have those kinds of messaging restrictions.

• Like 1

Why? I don't think my profile is immature. It's just interesting that I mostly get 30-35 with a few 38 but never any higher??? I mean not one guy in his 40s messaging me that I can recall? No guys in their 60s? I mean not that I'm trying to date a guy that much older, just curious?

Can other ladies relate?

Sorry, new here.

is OLD short for On Line Dating?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We get sooooooooooooo tired of no replies... from any age range. I mean, my net is cast pretty wide and while someone who's younger is slightly more likely to reply than someone closer to my age, it's pretty bleak overall.

Honestly, I'm looking for a mutual match before I bother sending a message, so get to liking, IMO.

• Like 1

Can other ladies relate?

Honestly? Well I'm 39.. look at some of the very attractive 20 somethings and think "oh god, I'm going to come across as a dirty old man".

If you want an older man to take an interest, you might have to reach out, because a lot of them are going to put you squarely out of their league.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

don't understand what the thing is.

it sounds like a pretty good typical age range for you that your getting.

The site l've just joined has age things you fill out and if you want no one outside of that age range can message you.

l've kept it locked into the age range suits me so l dunno what would happen if l left it open to all ages ,hate to think.

• Like 1
don't understand what the thing is.

it sounds like a pretty good typical age range for you that your getting.

The site l've just joined has age things you fill out and if you want no one outside of that age range can message you.

l've kept it locked into the age range suits me so l dunno what would happen if l left it open to all ages ,hate to think.

My male experience is that I get SUSPICIOUS contacts from much younger women from hundreds or thousands of miles away. Not 'hate to think'. Even mildly amusing. The OP did explicitly say she's 'just curious'.

• Like 1
Might unlock mine for awhile , bit of fun , see what comes in.

l've had a lot from all over the world too

FWIW, I'm looking for an LTR. So I'm on the 'plain vanilla' sites like Plenty of Fish and OKCupid. If I wanted sex, I've seen plenty of ads for OLD sites that focus on 'hookups'. I also have a buddy who speaks highly of seekingarrangement and has emailed photos of the 'attractive (VERY) young (but legal) women' he has 'met' there.

• Like 1

I suppose the most daunting reason why I wouldn't look too seriously in a "Younger" women, would be that I feel that she will be wooed away by the younger dudes in due time..

Thus, I wouldn't normally be inclined to get into any relationship, to only be hurt (In time) by her leaving, or worse cheating.

Older women, tend to be more stable, and have a more serious outlook at commitment.

Ted.

• Like 1
I suppose the most daunting reason why I wouldn't look too seriously in a "Younger" women, would be that I feel that she will be wooed away by the younger dudes in due time..

Thus, I wouldn't normally be inclined to get into any relationship, to only be hurt (In time) by her leaving, or worse cheating.

Older women, tend to be more stable, and have a more serious outlook at commitment.

Without generalizing about older women, but definitely generalizing (in a bit) about men .... The OP is a younger woman, an active LS poster, and usually presents herself as sexually polyamorous (am I Politically Correct enough? :D ). 'We' men behave on continuums including from looking for sequential sex partners to looking for a permanent relationship with one sex partner (in some cases not even expecting sex in that relationship). My generalization is that the older 'we' get, the more likely it is that we will drift to the seeking relationship end of that spectrum. That may be true for women as well. Let the ladies speak for themselves. To paraphrase the quote, an older man may not message a younger woman on OLD because of the assumption that she is relatively more interested in sex than an LTR AND that he doesn't expect any relationship with her to be likely to last.

Practical disclaimer: I search OLD 52 or 53 and up. I feel free to Message women as young as late 40's to say 'you're attractive and I think you'll easily find a guy interested in dating you'. I'm don't message 'too much younger women' asking if they'd like to meet me with a practical floor of 57. I don't see many women below 50 in my searches because most of the OLD sites I'm on will only include women in search result sets if they are open to dating a man whose age is the same as the searcher's.

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough
Without generalizing about older women, but definitely generalizing (in a bit) about men .... The OP is a younger woman, an active LS poster, and usually presents herself as sexually polyamorous (am I Politically Correct enough? :D ). 'We' men behave on continuums including from looking for sequential sex partners to looking for a permanent relationship with one sex partner (in some cases not even expecting sex in that relationship). My generalization is that the older 'we' get, the more likely it is that we will drift to the seeking relationship end of that spectrum. That may be true for women as well. Let the ladies speak for themselves. To paraphrase the quote, an older man may not message a younger woman on OLD because of the assumption that she is relatively more interested in sex than an LTR AND that he doesn't expect any relationship with her to be likely to last.

Practical disclaimer: I search OLD 52 or 53 and up. I feel free to Message women as young as late 40's to say 'you're attractive and I think you'll easily find a guy interested in dating you'. I'm don't message 'too much younger women' asking if they'd like to meet me with a practical floor of 57. I don't see many women below 50 in my searches because most of the OLD sites I'm on will only include women in search result sets if they are open to dating a man whose age is the same as the searcher's.

huh? I don't even have sex?!

I did have my age parameters messed up and when I changed that I had more matches with older men. I guess what you say makes sense though.

Edited by Cookiesandough