When average women reject handsome men?

LivingWaterPlease

The qualities that have drawn me to very handsome men have been: sense of humor (not taking themselves seriously), high energy, confidence, intelligence, kindness and talent. These are must haves for me!

Have met handsome men who weren't attractive to me and the most common reason for that would be lack of intelligence and sense of humor.

Also, sense of humor doesn't mean telling jokes. To me it means finding humor in life's ordinary circumstances and being able to convey and share that with a partner in the day-to-day routine of life.

• Like 1
LADIES: What are some seasons you have rejected, dumped or divorced handsome men or men much better looking than you?

Come to think of it, this statement in itself is a good reason to dump a person.

It shows

a) this man's only asset is his looks. (if he had other assets, surely they'd rate a mention)

b) he seems to think that a less conventionally attractive woman would stick around because he's good looking (women don't need personality)

c) he also rates women by their looks (why else would he mention her appearance?)

I would also imagine that if was true that women prefer men who are obnoxious, he'd have all the girls fawning over him.

• Like 3

There was a really, really hot guy I used to work with. I so much wanted a good shag with him.

But a relationship? No way in hell. I couldn't deal with his exaggerations, insecurities and "I'd thump anyone who hurt my sister" type of aggressive attitude. He was a meat head.

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease

OP, it's understandable to me why you'd ask this question as it has seemed to me guys are more focused on appearances than women are, generally speaking. So, seems pretty cool to me for you to be asking questions and examining reasons why women seem to be somewhat different than guys in this aspect!

I'm trying to recall if there was a specific relationship you had that brought you the idea to ask this question on the forum. Was there? Or are you just generally curious? Curiosity is an attractive quality to a lot of people!

I want to add it seems to me good looks in men and women both can trigger feelings of hostility from both women and men if a person is insecure in their own appeal.

Edited by LivingWaterPlease

I'm trying to recall if there was a specific relationship you had that brought you the idea to ask this question on the forum. Was there? Or are you just generally curious? Curiosity is an attractive quality to a lot of people!

He may be naturally curious but as he said in his first post on this thread he has Just been been dumped/rejected then ghosted by two women he perceives as being less attractive than he is...

Also, I'm a pretty good looking myself and I've had women less attractive than me reject me or dump me. The two most recent ones were very bizarre because they were VERY into me and one even said she loved me after only a few dates. But both girls rejected me when I tried to have sex with them and ghosted me after. What the he11? Lol.

• Like 1

I want to add it seems to me good looks in men and women both can trigger feelings of hostility from both women and men if a person is insecure in their own appeal.

This may be true for some... And I also find it a big turn off when I sense that a guy puts too much stock in his appearance or works too hard on it. I really don't want a spectacularly groomed man or one who spends a ton of money/time on his wardrobe/presentation or one who clearly thinks looks are important. Im looking for a guy that I feel comfortable with lying around on my couch not someone to make my girlfriends jealous with. If he's always off ironing his artificially distressed jeans or getting his chest wax, I'll be needing to find better company.

• Like 1

A woman that is a 6 would not date a man that is a 9 for any thing about him that appears off or found to be a deal breaker. A #6 woman will dump a man that is a #9 if she sees the relationship going no where. Nothing unusual about that. Though I believe online dating has created a self inflated sense of sense of self worth for the middle third of the women. You see the top third have never had a problem having men want to date them. So OLD has not changed anything for them. The bottom third has found that OLD has not changed anything because they still struggle to get men. On line dating for the middle third has them getting more male interest then they have historically done in the past. Their OLD presence has gotten them so much more male interest then past generations of women have had is the cause of their inflated sense of attractiveness. So these average women, middle third women, are now being a lot more choosier then previous generations of average women.

• Like 1

Oh, of course. If you have an obnoxious personality, they're not interested. And just because a man may think another man is good looking doesn't mean women do. Men tend to think really plain men with some muscles is what is good looking. Men tend to underestimate how much a woman likes face and hair.

• Like 2
LADIES: What are some seasons you have rejected, dumped or divorced handsome men or men much better looking than you?

There have been many times I was out and saw an attractive man hit on an average looking woman and get rejected. Its usually kind of funny, but also kind of strange.

Also, I'm a pretty good looking myself and I've had women less attractive than me reject me or dump me. The two most recent ones were very bizarre because they were VERY into me and one even said she loved me after only a few dates. But both girls rejected me when I tried to have sex with them and ghosted me after. What the he11? Lol.

Because we care about more than looks.

If your lazy, butter, arrogant, etc your looks are irrelevant.

And your definition of "average" isn't everyone's. That you don't realize that makes you seem pretty condescending.

• Like 1
I find this more believable than some of the others posts.

Because it fits your condescending narrative. But I assure your lack of belief doesn't change my answer.

• Like 7
LivingWaterPlease
He may be naturally curious but as he said in his first post on this thread he has Just been been dumped/rejected then ghosted by two women he perceives as being less attractive than he is...

Thanks, Elaine! I'd forgotten and didn't go back to check!

Because it fits your condescending narrative. But I assure your lack of belief doesn't change my answer.

Basically, OP got rejected by two "inferior" women, and just needed someone to say in a roundabout way that it was only due to them knowing they were inferior and rejected him because they felt intimidated by that.

• Like 9
A woman that is a 6 would not date a man that

is a 9 for any thing about him that appears off

or found to be a deal breaker.

A #6 woman will dump a man that is a #9

if she sees the relationship going no where.

Nothing unusual about that.

Though I believe online dating has created a self

inflated sense of sense of self worth for the middle

third of the women.

You see the top third have never had a problem

having men want to date them. So OLD has not

changed anything for them.

The bottom third has found that OLD has not

changed anything because they still struggle to

get men.

On line dating for the middle third has them getting

more male interest then they have historically done

in the past. Their OLD presence has gotten them so

much more male interest then past generations

of women have had is the cause of their inflated

sense of attractiveness.

So these average women, middle third women, are

now being a lot more choosier then previous

generations of average women.

I'm so horrified that people think of other people this way. I see it here at LS all the time. This whole thread is premised on it as if its some sort of truth. Like a 9 is some objective reality. Its just not. And a "league" isnt a real thing. And Im sure that Paulina was crazy of Rick Ocasek for good reason.

• Like 1
Work on your seduction skills. If women are into you but turn you down for sex, you are going about it all wrong.

Judging by the tone of some of his posts I understand why none of those women were interested or wanted to sleep with him.

• Like 7
  • Author
Come to think of it, this statement in itself is a good reason to dump a person.

It shows

a) this man's only asset is his looks. (if he had other assets, surely they'd rate a mention)

b) he seems to think that a less conventionally attractive woman would stick around because he's good looking (women don't need personality)

c) he also rates women by their looks (why else would he mention her appearance?)

I would also imagine that if was true that women prefer men who are obnoxious, he'd have all the girls fawning over him.

I hear ya on the first one, but b) and c) are just facts of life lol.

You're not living in the real world if you think there are men who don't judge women on looks. Any man who tells you that is lying to you lol.

• Author
Work on your seduction skills. If women are into you but turn you down for sex, you are going about it all wrong.

Two women did. I've had sex with loads of other women.

You think I should change my whole approach to dating because two average women rejected me? Don't make me laugh lol.

The really "funny and strange" part to me, IMO, is how you think everyone approaches dating like you do - by ranking themselves and potential partners on a "scale" based on how physically good-looking they think each person is, and making their decisions based on that. :lmao:

• Like 1

In the past I rejected men who were better looking than me because I didn't feel sexually attracted to them. If I don't feel chemistry with a man it doesn't matter how good he looks. If he's a nice man I will want him as a friend.

You're not living in the real world if you think there are men who don't judge women on looks. Any man who tells you that is lying to you lol.

B is not a fact. You said yourself that you recently got rejected by not one, but TWO less attractive women. So obviously women will not stick around for good looks alone. If B were a fact then that could only mean that you're not as good looking as you think you are.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Most of the time a guy can get a LITTLE leeway with personality if I find him sexy/physically attractive. He can be a little awkward or derpy if he's sexy. (I'm one of those women that looks carries a lot weight for)

I can recognize a conventionally attractive person (male or female) and say "wow that person is stunning". That does not mean I'm necessarily attracted to them.

Those average women are some guys' 10/10 would drink bath water....

• Like 1

I still find it odd that the OP thinks that based on their looks women would or wouldn't be interested in having sex with him. In my own experience it is almost impossible to tell which particular woman would be interested considering parameters such as looks, ethnicity, education or age.

Out of two nearly identical women one may be interested and the other one may not.

• Like 4
I still find it odd that the OP thinks that based on their looks women would or wouldn't be interested in having sex with him.

It is the thought that because HE is so good looking that all women will be falling over themselves to have sex with him, especially average women who would be soooo grateful he or any man perhaps, even noticed them...

• Like 3
It is the thought that because HE is so good looking that all women will be falling over themselves to have sex with him, especially average women who would be soooo grateful he or any man perhaps, even noticed them...

Okay, I knew a guy who was a salesman, very charismatic with looks like a model. A lot of women were attracted to him, it wasn't even funny. But still, there were plenty left who weren't interested in the slightest.

Even for a guy who has no problems attracting women in general it seems outlandish to me to believe that a particular woman would be attracted to somebody based on looks alone. Personal preferences just vary too much.

• Like 3

Even for a guy who has no problems attracting women in general it seems outlandish to me to believe that a particular woman would be attracted to somebody based on looks alone. Personal preferences just vary too much.

Of course it is...

Women are all individuals and whilst there may be some generalisations that can be made regarding certain groups or subgroups of women, to suggest ALL women will think or act, this way or that way, is silly and untrue.

• Like 2

But this thread is about your discovery that women judge a man by more than looks. What men think about looks is a whole different topic.