My ex initiates contact but he takes hours to reply

lovelymay

Hi all,

Earlier this year my ex broke up with me. He did it in a voice mail and literally said: "I don't know why, but something's missing". I was devastated and it took me months to get over him.

About a month ago he contacted me because a friend from the past kept stalking him and involved me in it. Since then we've been in touch about the situation. In the meantime he has also been messaging me about random stuff. He really wants to know how I'm doing and he wants to help / be involved in projects that I'm doing. As it has taken me months to get over him I keep a bit distance but I can tell it frustrates him because then he sends me messages with many ??????.

The thing is... IF I text him back it takes hours before he replies and I can see when he's online. I know he has read my message but he just waits hours before he gets back to my reply, while HE is the one who always initiates contact.

What does this mean, what does he want? Is it just a f*cking bread crumb crying for attention? I know a 2nd chance for us is impossible and I don't think he's interested in that. But I've already told him I can't stay friends with him, not platonic. Why does he want to stay involved in my life and why is he playing this game?

Sounds familiar to anyone?

If a second chance is not possible (and it's not; I remember your other thread), and you don't want to be friends, then block his number and be done with this. You two only dated for a few months. Don't lose more of your life overanalyzing this fling.

• Like 1
  • Author
If a second chance is not possible (and it's not; I remember your other thread), and you don't want to be friends, then block his number and be done with this. You two only dated for a few months. Don't lose more of your life overanalyzing this fling.

Wow you remember it?

Thanks I guess you're right :) I shouldn't waste any more of my time on him!

I know a guy like this and I found he would text me first and I would respond and then have to carry the entire conversation. Asking him questions about his day or talking about my day or about current events. He also never asked me out or called me to hear my voice. So... I decided not to be bothered anymore with having my time wasted. If I feel like responding then I do and if I don't then I don't. I don't bother to initiate either. I'm not into games and rather find someone else to talk to who is more interested in speaking to me. Hope this helps you.