Boyfriend insists on seeing a female friend that I'm very uncomfortable with.

Ummmmmmmm dump him. That's cheating big time. Trust your gut! Guaranteed if you dumped him you will find out soon after they are dating.

coolheadal
OP here.

I just broke up with my boyfriend last Monday and during a moment where I felt doubtful about my decision, I remembered that I made a post about the EXACT same issue 7 months ago.

I don't think most of you will care nor remember, but I just wanted to post the outcome. Nothing changed, he kept interacting with her despite me continuously communicating with him that I felt uncomfortable and disrespected. So I ended it. Advice to whoever might have similar problems as I did - listen to the internet! They can look at a situation much more subjectively than you.

To everyone here who took time out of their day to post genuine replies - thank you very much ;)

You did the right think.. His attention you be on your 100% not 1%, to give his ex 99% not fair to you.. STuff like this happens to all of us. Just some don't get it if you never had it happen to you. Let's hope this is the last time it does happen...

• 1 month later...

Good to hear your update, OP! :)

He will forever be an ass to whatever girl he dates because it's all about him. I dated one like that, tried to be flexible, but I knew he would never prioritize the relationship compared to his own egoistical needs... Happy you dodged a bullet!

I'm still trying to find the redeeming qualities this guy has and I'm finding nothing to commend him--which makes me wonder why you're with someone who takes this much dang work? That's 4 years of your youth you'll never get back behind this guy and he doesn't sound like he's worth that sort of investment.

Why are you with a renovation project?

• 1 month later...
  • Author

OP here again!

More updates - since our breakup, I have found out that he had indeed been cheating on me, not with one, two, but COUNTLESS girls. What a dirty little toerag, honestly. At this point, I'm embarrassed I wasted more than a year on someone like him.

Ironically, he keeps texting, calling, and writing me letters, telling me that even though it has been almost 6 months now, he can't stop thinking about me, and feels like he let the girl perfect for him slip away. He said that even though he is dating other girls, that just makes him think about me more.

To that I said - well that's ironic since while we were together you could barely keep it in your pants, you were like a dog in heat. Now that you're completely free to do so, you don't want to anymore. Well, that really sucks to be you.

People of the internet - PLEASE trust your gut. If something feels wrong, then it is.

I am so glad I dodged the biggest bullet of my life.

• Like 5

Block him from your phone, OP.

You were right to have dumped him months ago. It was clear even from your first post in this thread that this guy was up to no good.

OP here again!

More updates - since our breakup, I have found out that he had indeed been cheating on me, not with one, two, but COUNTLESS girls. What a dirty little toerag, honestly. At this point, I'm embarrassed I wasted more than a year on someone like him.

Ironically, he keeps texting, calling, and writing me letters, telling me that even though it has been almost 6 months now, he can't stop thinking about me, and feels like he let the girl perfect for him slip away. He said that even though he is dating other girls, that just makes him think about me more.

To that I said - well that's ironic since while we were together you could barely keep it in your pants, you were like a dog in heat. Now that you're completely free to do so, you don't want to anymore. Well, that really sucks to be you.

People of the internet - PLEASE trust your gut. If something feels wrong, then it is.

I am so glad I dodged the biggest bullet of my life.

From your first post it was blatantly obvious he was cheating you

Men don't invite a woman over to their apartment just to eat dinner

I'm surprised more posters didn't catch onto that. If I had seen this thread when it was first started I would've jumped in to warn you.

I was with a serial cheater for 2.5 years. He was super secretive about his cheating though and manipulative so I didn't find out until after I broke up with him.

OP, glad you've learned to trust your gut. Next time don't ignore red flags and if your gut is giving you a feeling that something is wrong, it's because it probably is. Be very careful about the next guys you date. Go in with your eyes and ears wide open.

The right guy won't hide anything from you and certainly won't have female "friends" over for dinner.

If you haven't gotten tested for STDs, do so ASAP

Also, block, block, block him everywhere! It will hurt him more to never hear from you again. If you do reply, you're giving him what he wants, a reaction and the knowledge you still care

• Like 1