Fiancée and mother of child broke up with me and left

• Author

Update

So- after Xmas we had a pretty big bust up and I decided enough this time. I walked away and meant it. I dated another chick briefly and she was messaging a few guys, she showed me the messages and kept putting off a meet in person, she said she couldn’t do it and realised she still loved me. The moment she found out I was seeing someone she turned up to my house in a mess and begged for forgiveness and another chance. Things between us were really different. She was vulnerable again and the air was cleared. We both realised enough was enough now.

We spent a week talking and talking and talking. Every minor detail was on the table, it was extremely hard but also extremely necessary. We both agreed that we still love each other and our family is more important than anything anyone else could offer either of us. There was no more power struggle and it was more about apologies and trying to forgive each other.

We’ve been officially back together now for a month, moved back in and so far so good. We’re goig to have some couples therapy and take a holiday just us without our daughter and have some quality time. Is it easy ? Hell no, there’s trust to build, the past to let go and the struggles of everyday life. But I’m certain that we both want to make it work now and she’s really making steps to change and be more patient and affectionate. I’m trying to help more around the house and build bridges with her family.

All our previous issues are resolved pretty much, communicating is much better and when we do fall out it ends in a hug and an apology which is a huge Step for us- she hates to apologise :)

Crap that it came to all this and couldn’t be resolved faster- but I think we both had to let go and do our thing for a month or so to really see what we were missing and what we wanted from life. Things are no longer toxic, we’re both coming from a place of love and care and the make up sex is awesome :)

I know this doesn’t mean it will work forever but we’re in a good place right now and focusing on our daughter and our future all together. For anyone trying to reconcile- the best thing you can do is stop trying. Be yourself, get out there and date again, travel, be happy and be the person you were before you were upset and broken like I was for a long time. Second chances are rare and I’m going to take mine and hopefully make it work because I love her and my kid very man.

Here’s to the future- we got there in the end :)

Thanks for all the kind comments x

• Like 2

Hi Jman , this is great news. I wish you and your wife the very best going forward and am sure that having almost broken up, both of you now realize how precious this second chance is. That being so I am sure you will make a roaring success of it. Warm wishes.