is the friendzone actually real?

last couple dates I went on, after I told the guys I didn't think we were a match, they said "well I'd still like to be friends". I get a lot of that's probably just a buffer from being let down, but a lot of times that's just a method for guys to get in and try to change your mind. A sec ago you were trying to sleep with me.. there's no foundation for a friendship here

And that aspect about a man thinking they can change your mind makes women mad because it's as good as telling her the man knows what's best for her and not her own brain and heart, very insulting.

• Like 2

I agree with the people who say 'friendzoned' is kinda derogatory word for the concept for friendship. I know sometimes we want what we want but ive felt that if youre fond of someone you try to maintain a relationship with them, and it doesnt necessarily have to be a romantic one. I am good friends with my ex, although i have no lingering romantic feelings for her whatsoever, and i do love her absolutely still. And as ive posted on the other thread, this new girl that i seem to have fallen for, if she rejects me romantically, after ive asked her out(as has been pointed out to me!), ill still not mind being friends with her cos she seems to me a terrific human being, but i wont burden her with my expectations or anything. It takes a while, but taking a no as a no is not really difficult .

Edited by Blackdog21
  • Like 1

^ Good attitude. But still, ask a woman out if you want more and do it right away and you won't have to end up in the friend bucket.

I agree with the people who say 'friendzoned' is kinda derogatory word for the concept for friendship. I know sometimes we want what we want but ive felt that if youre fond of someone you try to maintain a relationship with them, and it doesnt necessarily have to be a romantic one. I am good friends with my ex, although i have no lingering romantic feelings for her whatsoever, and i do love her absolutely still. And as ive posted on the other thread, this new girl that i seem to have fallen for, if she rejects me romantically, after ive asked her out(as has been pointed out to me!), ill still not mind being friends with her cos she seems to me a terrific human being, but i wont burden her with my expectations or anything. It takes a while, but taking a no as a no is not really difficult .

The "Friend-Zone" doesn't have anything to do with a true platonic relationship. It's when someone is trying to weasel their way into a romantic relationship under the guise of a platonic relationship.

• Like 1
Seriousperson
https://www.buzzfeed.com/gracespelman/the-friend-zone-is-not-real-sorry-dude?utm_term=.dbqNPPMQnB#.dqqYLLlPX2

Personally I don't think its real. Friendship is something different. almost always its just another way of labeling rejection

I totally agree and if someone tries to friend zone me, I say no and cut contact. When I was naïve, I did accept friend zone from a guy. He didn't contact me for 3 months, though I did contact him 2 weeks after he zoned me. If you like someone, don't let them drag you around through the friend zone, leave and save your dignity.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The way I am thinking these days. I think I will let a woman come to me and let her turn us into a relationship. Thats what has really worked in the past with me, when it comes to love. I being the one to turn it. It really does not work.

• 4 weeks later...
MeadowFlower

When a girl says she wants to be just friends, she doesn't actually want to be friends. She is rejecting you as a romantic possibility.

No, not always.