Do guys like to take things slowly when dating?

^^Sure. The best way for the guy to get the relationship though, is often through sex fast. Even if you make it a point to take your time with commitment.

It hardly matters what the other guys a woman have to offer, or even how well she thinks of the other guys. If she is sleeping with you, then you have a huge advantage when it comes to making her your girlfriend.

• Author

I'm not a cheater but I definitely want to talk to my guy everyday. I'm not distant and dispassionate, I'm the opposite and want the same. If he can't do that, then I'd just axe him, we're not compatible. I wouldn't fill the gaps with others.

I'm supposed to meet the guy I made the thread about tomorrow. I'm not saying a word. She met him online.

GoodOnPaper

The only situation in which I would intentionally move slowly would be if my interest level was low and I was not coming off of a bad dry spell. This never actually happened so if I moved slowly, it was only because of my "nice guy" awkwardness and insecurities.

Sex fast, and relationship slow.

Ever since doing that, my relationships have improved 10 fold.

My mistake was that I always moved into relationship-mode just as quickly as the physicality progressed. The one exception was with my wife because I wasn't as interested as she was. So, you can guess which woman I've been with for about 25 years now.

My girlfriend and I talked for hours every night, were exclusive before we even met in person, and I couldn't keep my hands off her on our first date. I still can't years later. :)

But that's because we're right together and have something special. Doesn't work like that all the time.

• Like 2
  • Author
I'm supposed to meet the guy I made the thread about tomorrow. I'm not saying a word. She met him online.

Correction: I'm meeting him next saturday.