It happened. Why does it still bother me?

I hope I'm not double posting, I'm trying to tell you to find peace first. Many feel happiness will find peace. That's untrue. Focus on your spiritual needs. Find peace first. The rest will come

Why do you feel you don't deserve happiness, or peace, or whatever well being we all want to have - you name it (the point here is not going philosophical to define happiness).

Everyone deserves to be happy, even people who do bad things, once they stop doing it.

This comment in itself already gives us some red flags on your emotional situation. I'd recommend medical (psychological) help first, and then spiritual help, as the poster above mentioned.

Believe me, you deserve peace and happiness as every other human being. It just takes an extra bit of work sometimes.

Don't give up!

• Author
I hope I'm not double posting, I'm trying to tell you to find peace first. Many feel happiness will find peace. That's untrue. Focus on your spiritual needs. Find peace first. The rest will come

"Happiness", "peace"... Again, these are things that I don't even know the meaning of. How do I feel something if I don't know what it is?

Why do you feel you don't deserve happiness, or peace, or whatever well being we all want to have - you name it (the point here is not going philosophical to define happiness).

Everyone deserves to be happy, even people who do bad things, once they stop doing it.

Well, because I have no real "purpose" for existing, and from my perspective, if you don't have some kind of purpose or reason for existing, then you don't "deserve" anything.

I don't have a meaningful, dignified career, my hobbies aren't interesting to other people nor do they lead to me doing anything meaningful in the world, I can't connect with people to have friendships or romantic relationships with other people. If I just ceased to exist right now, no one would notice and nothing in the world would change.

And don't get me wrong, I understand from an outside perspective why that sounds "depressing" or negative or whatever, but again, I don't really think of it that way. Maybe there were times in the past where I felt sadness or something about these things, but I've been at a point for a long time where I've just accepted that it is what it is.

But going back to my point, because I have nothing whatsoever to offer to the world, I don't feel I "deserve" anything. Why should I? What gives me the right to feel "happiness", or "peace", or whatever other abstract concepts that I don't understand, when I'm just wasting space and life by just existing?

The fact you've accepted it's ok to be the way you are/ feel the way you feel (numb, empty), doesn't mean IT IS OK to be this way or feel this way.

I'm not a psychologist, so I'm afraid I can say the wrong thing, even with the right intention.

So please, look for help! "What for?" For a change in perspective. You make a difference in the world and I can say that even not knowing you. I'm sure getting to know you would only give me more reasons to say so. Because EVERY soul on this planet is important, each one their particular way. And if you don't see that, you DO need a change in perspective.

And you know what? Deep inside you want to change things, you wouldn't be posting here otherwise.

• Author
The fact you've accepted it's ok to be the way you are/ feel the way you feel (numb, empty), doesn't mean IT IS OK to be this way or feel this way.

I'm not a psychologist, so I'm afraid I can say the wrong thing, even with the right intention.

So please, look for help! "What for?" For a change in perspective. You make a difference in the world and I can say that even not knowing you. I'm sure getting to know you would only give me more reasons to say so. Because EVERY soul on this planet is important, each one their particular way. And if you don't see that, you DO need a change in perspective.

And you know what? Deep inside you want to change things, you wouldn't be posting here otherwise.

That's understandable, but again, I can't help but ask, what is "happiness"? What is "peace"? I guess I just can't really wrap my head around trying to attain some feeling or emotion or state of being, or whatever one would consider it, that I don't know what it actually feels like. Imagine if you'd went your entire life without feeling anger at any point, and then someone tried to explain to you what anger is. It's like, if I've never felt it, how do I know what it is? What am I really "working" towards?

I am still friends with my Ex- D. When D told me she was dating someone. There was a part of me that had 30% jelously, but then I snapped out of it. I think it had more to do with that I have no one a the moment. If I was more slick. I guess I could get back with D. Then I would have to fast track having a kid with her.

I don't want to bring a kid into this world with the parents sort of so so towards each other. Its the way that it is. I think that guys think the girls are having more fun with dating than the guys are.

Sometimes we just have to get out of our heads and pay attention to other things in our lives.