Funny the things they say that actually tell you everything ..[Update]

Congratulations KK! That's so good to hear.

He still could come back... but not having to see him face to face, that will give you the distance to make this decision permanent (although all the other craziness sounds like it made a pretty solid end for you). Happy for you!

You know - I always laughed at people who got involved with someone they worked with. "Duh... you just don't do that." And then, I went and did it myself, in the worst possible way. As you say, the biggest regret is probably ruining what started as a friendship. But there will be more friends, and lines you now know not to cross.

Free... from the lies, entanglement, and drama. Good for you.

• Like 1

K.K.

That is an absolutely great update!! I know it was hard, but you just did the hardest step. Now you can get your life back.

I really believe he's going to try to contact you again, though, so you need to stay strong. Change your number, block him, and do what you have to do. He's weak and a coward and you saw right through his BS.

Allow yourself time to grieve. 7 years is a long time and it just isn't going to go away over night. Take care of YOU, do things for YOU. Post here and help others going through what you've gone through. You show them that it isn't easy, but you can get through it and get to the other side. And it won't be easy, some days you'll regress and you'll feel like crap. Allow the emotions to go through you and know they end if you don't fight it. But those moments become less and less.

You did it. Own that and be very proud of yourself. You took your life back and took control. You're off the roller coaster.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you everybody so SO much! Your comments are really helping me to hold it together.

Today was orientation at my new job. It went really well. I feel since I left my old job, there's so much distance in between him and me now.

I don't know know if I'm numb or what happened, but somethings just snapped inside my head and I dont feel like I'm suffering anymore. Yes, I still think about him all the time. But there's a part of me that's just detached from the whole situation. Like it was all a dream. Or a nightmare depending on how you look at it.

When I was still working with him, the turmoil was insane. Never knowing what was going to happen. I couldn't sleep. I cried all the time.

Now I'm just strangely .. detached.

I would probably bet my life that he will never try to come around again. He's just not that way. He's scared of his own shadow and now that he thinks I hate him, he wouldn't chance it in a million years.

A month or so ago, he was crying his eyes out about how much he loved me and had to be with me. Today- we're strangers. It's surreal.

I should have left my job long ago. I have a much better job now. I only stayed for him.

When you're at the end of your rope with the affair situation, something will finally snap inside of you and self preservation will become your new life goal. Not him. YOU. I wish that for all of you going through this. No way am I healed. But I'm making it. I'm doing ok. At least I can say that for today.

One day at a time.

• Like 2