Aunt is intimidating and getting worse

DragonzRoost

DragonzRoost

So my Mom and I haven't spoken in over 9 years due to some pretty awful ****.. I am not going to go into details about what happened but, I left to stay with my Grandparents and life greatly improved. My Mother continues to cause trouble and talks to her Sis who is my Aunt that is the same age as me. There is this huge assumption that my Grandmother turned me against my Mom, which is not true.. There were abusive things that took place and the constant fighting, drama, chronic drinking and trauma eventually made an impact. My Aunt who I'm 99% sure is being spoon fed bull**** by her came over with her baby to drop her off before leaving for work. She made a snarky comment about my hair, since I'm going ombre and had done it in reverse she pointed this out. When my Grandparents mentioned people coming over to look at a puppy (They breed) she rushed into a panic to clean. My Grandmother said "she will help us clean, she always scrubs the house." my Aunt ignored her and continued to clean. I started doing so myself and as I was vacuuming she said "Thanks for helping my parents out.." Before giving me a nasty look and leaving. My Mother always writes me off as lazy that never cleaned when it was always the opposite. I took care of all her cats, rabbits and cleaned that place top to bottom..but my Mom would always make me out to be horrible that never did anything. (Again this was never true) My Aunt acts the same way. What should I do?

Hi,

It sounds like your aunt, being your same age, is jealous that your grandparents have adopted a new sister.

Just be kind to her and don´t let it get to you.

• Like 1