Thoughts on new guy I'm dating ...

newheart

• Author

Hmm.. I just don't sign on for a while. If I do, I just ignore them or delete/block those people until the guy I'm dealing with makes his intentions plain; then I hide/inactivate the account. I've got my accounts set to not notifying me one way or the other.

Good point - I didn't even consider turning off the notifications! Sigh! What an idiot! Argh.

Now I just feel like by re-enabling my profiles, I am playing games, when I don't want to.

I am seriously not cut out for this! :laugh:

• Author
What do you mean 'what you're getting into'? Sounds like you need to be re-assured about something early on, what is it?

Gaeta, yes, unfortunately that is all me ... I have some trust issues (which have improved significantly with some hard work) but my instinct to protect myself sometimes rears it's ugly head, sigh.

Hi Newheart,

I'm glad that things are going good with this guy so far. I am the same as you with my trust issues and hangups because of past relationships but I too have gotten better with some hard work.

I think it's fine to hide your profile, don't overthink that too much, I did the same when I was dating and I met someone that I liked. You did it for you, not for him :)

I think his communication style is different than yours and I wouldn't be too worried about that right now, especially since you said things went so well this weekend. Hopefully he will continue to improve and this won't be a worry for you going forward. However, if you still feel this way after being with him a bit longer, I would consider if he is fulfilling all of your emotional needs.

It's kind of hard to give advice on this because I know what you're scared of and sometimes waiting longer to see if they improve means starting to fall for them even more so you're taking a chance on getting hurt again :confused:

But we all have to take a chance sometimes, Good luck!

• Like 1