Did I Cheat? I Think I Did

There is no such thing as innocent flirting. Someone always ends up getting hurt.

Alcohol isn't an excuse. Alcohol can be attributed to making poor decisions, but those decisions are yours. And that excuse doesn't hold any water. Because imagine if your boyfriend confessed that he was at a party and he was drunk and the next thing he knew there was a girl on top of him!

How much water would that hold for you? "You had sex with another girl?!?!?! Oh...wait, did you say you were drunk? Oh! okay, nevermind then." I seriously doubt that would be your response if the shoe was on the other foot.

The OP has left the thread....I repeat the OP left the thread.

Yeah... besides, she is probably too busy planning her next GNO with her loyal posse. By now, she has probably thought things out: she got away with having oral sex. She had a wonderful time being a single woman desired by strange men. She didn't catch any STD - not that she went to the doctor, but by now the rashes and pimples would have started up and they haven't, so she must be OK. And, she has a truly loyal friend who supports her cheating ways and enables her...she realizes how good life can be having your cake and eating it too. Like The Oracle tells Neo in the first Matrix movie, Have a cookie, by the time you are finished everything will be as right as rain... Ah yes, life is good! :love:

• Author
guiltyandashamed

Hi again. I appreciate all the responses. Thank you. Many of you are making me out as a horrible person, but deep down inside I know I'm not. I truly didn't want to do it but it somehow happened... im not sure if you can understand. It happened really fast but I acknowledge that it's all my fault and I made the mistake.

I have tried many times to tell my bf but I can never come out with. He tells me how much he loves me everyday, He tells me how special and beautiful I am everyday.... it breaks my heart. My best friend has told me that I am need to keep this to myself... telling him would only devastate him and will ruin two lives.. I am very torn. She makes sense but the guilt is killing me.

And to be clear I didn't have sec with this guy. it was only oral. My friends say that invent catch anything from bjs so I have yet to go to the clinic.

Yes I like to drink and party. Yes I like to flirt... that's all I know. Im not godd at anything else in life. I've never been good at school so I work hard on the way I look... The attention I receive tells me that I'm doing a good job a d validates the efforts that I put into my appearance. Call me stupid or whatever but that's how i feel. and if I wasnt the way I was , in not sure my bf would have been interested in me

So for now I think I will live with this shame and secret. I want to tell him but I just can't bring myself to break his heart. He wants to marry me someday and have kids and telling him will ruin that for him. If anybody can suggest a way to tell him I'm open to hearing it. Honestly, is rather tell him but it's just So hard and I'm so conflicted. Anyways pile on the hate.. im used to it and no one really understands Anyways.

So for now I think I will live with this shame and secret. I want to tell him but I just can't bring myself to break his heart. He wants to marry me someday and have kids and telling him will ruin that for him.

So in other words your reasoning for not telling him is that he'll one day want to marry and have kids with you, ergo you're doing him a favour by not telling him?

• Like 1

You were emotionally manipulated by the other guy. It happens. It is basically like being raped. Just because you flirted, it was wrong of him to emotionally force you to give in. Men think they can manipulate women and then blame them for giving in. I would explain to your boyfriend exactly how this man manipulated you and have him help you to see an attorney to sue the other man for emotional distress for what he did.

You were emotionally manipulated by the other guy. It happens. It is basically like being raped. Just because you flirted, it was wrong of him to emotionally force you to give in. Men think they can manipulate women and then blame them for giving in. I would explain to your boyfriend exactly how this man manipulated you and have him help you to see an attorney to sue the other man for emotional distress for what he did.

She wasn't manipulated unless she has the sensibilities of a child.

If she chooses to play that card, then the boyfriend would be wise to bail, because her being that easily "manipulated" means it'll happen again.

• Like 1

No, it's not like being raped. I've been raped. It's like being manipulated after havoing terrible boundaries. Because that is what it was.

OP, you are going to do what you are going to do. But I'd recommend finding another less dangerous "area of expertise." This particular talent is going to cause you more and more trouble...ESPECIALLY if you get married.

I wonder how genuine rape victims must feel reading your trivialisation of the word. Is the OP not an adult capable of making her own decisions, and being accountable for the consequences?

I wonder how genuine rape victims must feel reading your trivialisation of the word. Is the OP not an adult capable of making her own decisions, and being accountable for the consequences?

Always helps to consider the source, too. After reading some of her threads, her comments make more sense, off the mark as they are.

Space Ritual
Hi again. I appreciate all the responses. Thank you. Many of you are making me out as a horrible person, but deep down inside I know I'm not. I truly didn't want to do it but it somehow happened... im not sure if you can understand. It happened really fast but I acknowledge that it's all my fault and I made the mistake.

I have tried many times to tell my bf but I can never come out with. He tells me how much he loves me everyday, He tells me how special and beautiful I am everyday.... it breaks my heart. My best friend has told me that I am need to keep this to myself... telling him would only devastate him and will ruin two lives.. I am very torn. She makes sense but the guilt is killing me.

And to be clear I didn't have sec with this guy. it was only oral. My friends say that invent catch anything from bjs so I have yet to go to the clinic.

Yes I like to drink and party. Yes I like to flirt... that's all I know. Im not godd at anything else in life. I've never been good at school so I work hard on the way I look... The attention I receive tells me that I'm doing a good job a d validates the efforts that I put into my appearance. Call me stupid or whatever but that's how i feel. and if I wasnt the way I was , in not sure my bf would have been interested in me

So for now I think I will live with this shame and secret. I want to tell him but I just can't bring myself to break his heart. He wants to marry me someday and have kids and telling him will ruin that for him. If anybody can suggest a way to tell him I'm open to hearing it. Honestly, is rather tell him but it's just So hard and I'm so conflicted. Anyways pile on the hate.. im used to it and no one really understands Anyways.

No hate from me.

Disappointment? Yes.

Hate? No.

No one here can tell you what to do, just share our experiences , how it affected us, and dispense advice based on that experience.

I am only disappointed in the fact that you use a lot of "Him" statements about how you are going to ruin your boyfriend's life if you tell him, while in fact you don;t seem to understand that ship already sailed and you are just adding extra fees on your hide when the bill comes due, which eventually it will.

And how can I possibly know that bill will come due?

Because you telegraphed it in your reply.

And to be clear I didn't have sex with this guy. it was only oral. My friends say that invent catch anything from bjs so I have yet to go to the clinic.

That is going to be your undoing. Because when you are able to separate and define actions to fit your own narrative, it will simply become easier to continue to do so.

Which means you either didn't understand anything any of us wrote earlier, didn't want to, or are totally naive and enjoy the process of getting advice from extremely uneducated friends who probably never passed a simple biology course.

Your friends telling you that you cannot get an STD from oral and you accepting it as gospel without even taking 1 second to find out for yourself via the vast research and overwhelming evidence on the subject is really the saddest part of the whole story.

So no hate, I'm simply pointing out truths that eventually you are going to have to face.

I will say in parting that your days of cheating on your boyfriend are not at an end. You just made it easier in your own mind to do it again with your justifications. And as much as you like to party an flirt, and have enabling and naive friends at your beck and call, you are traveling down a path the writers of Total Divas would give their left nuts for to get ratings.

It does not make you a bad person, it just means that you will probably be learning this important lesson the hard way. That was what we have been trying to get across to you that you don't have to learn it the hard way. But alas it is not our life.

You have some rough days ahead in your future when it comes to honesty.

Good Luck and please reconsider your position.

• Like 1

"He that has eyes to see and ears to hear may convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of every pore..."

Your relationship is significantly different now. You can't even enjoy him paying you a simple compliment.

He will likely know something is wrong. But most men are stupid. When a woman draws back, they think it's something wrong with them and a need for more investment as standard.

You will be punishing him for your insecurities.

My best friend has told me that I am need to keep this to myself... telling him would only devastate him and will ruin two lives..

I think that's an arrogant rationalization. And a decision better made by him, no?

ExpatInItaly

You need different friends. Yours are woefully uneducated about the risks of oral sex and your best friend, well, no comment. I'm hoping that is their immaturity and lack of life experience speaking.

We can't force you to tell him. If you want to carry the burden of this and pretend all is well, go forth. I think you will see that this taints your relationship in ways you can't yet predict, though. You know the truth and that guilt will likely manifest over time. Your boyfriend won't know quite what the problem is, but he'll probably begin to sense something is wrong. I have seen this happen numerous times.

You better also never cross any of the friends who know what happened, or that they don't gossip about it it with their own boyfriends or anyone else, or you could find your boyfriend coming to you after "a little birdie" put a bug in his ear about your secret. Yes, I have seen that happen too.

CautiouslyOptimistic

Incorrect. We do understand. We just don't empathize and won't coddle you or feel sorry for you.

I understand that you do not want to "break his heart," but it really sounds like your bigger worry is for yourself--having him break up with you. Let's not paint this as being some altruistic decision on your part.

I think you need some therapy to get over your self loathing that led you into this situation in the first place. Feeling you only have value for what your physical appearance and body look like is not going to serve you well in the long run because your body is aging and looks will begin to change and fade. What happens when your boyfriend stops gushing over how beautiful you are and you're left with not feeling loved because you think you have nothing else to offer? You're going to seek out that validation somewhere else, again, and you'll cheat again, guaranteed. (I was married to the male version of you)

As far as how to tell your boyfriend, even though we all know you won't, just simply say, "I cheated." The conversation will naturally evolve from there.

Finally, don't listen to your dumb friends. You can get, at the very least, HPV from oral sex. Are your friends doctors? No? Why are you taking medical advice from friends who didn't stop you when you were self-destructing that night?

Edited by CautiouslyOptimistic
  • Like 2

Your friends are ignorant about STDs. You most certainly can catch them from oral. Google it. Plus taking a man in your mouth is more intimate IMO.

This is sad that you don't have anything else to offer but your looks. Everyday your looks are going south whether you see it or realize it. One day they will be gone and no amount of plastic surgery, botox and fillers can bring it back. I would suggest that you explore and find your true talents.

How nice of you but what I really think you mean is you don't want to ruin your own chance at marriage and children.

• Like 2
Space Ritual
This is sad that you don't have anything else to offer but your looks. Everyday your looks are going south whether you see it or realize it. One day they will be gone and no amount of plastic surgery, botox and fillers can bring it back. I would suggest that you explore and find your true talents.

Quoted for Truth.

OP, while this statement is true somehow it falls right in line with your self image and allowing your looks and beauty to define you will never pay a dividend other than you will always have suitors that want to bang you, then chew you up and spit you out. And while that may be exciting when you are young and feel invincible, one day you will wake up with your looks gone, your fair weather friends nowhere to be found and the realization you have more days behind you than ahead of you.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to you to actually stand for something. I have a long track record of standing for nothing for many years until I had a massive crisis with infidelity that landed me in jail for 4 years and I had to grow up real quick. But I emerged wanting to improve my life and I could only do that by changing my playpens, playthings and playmates. It took a long time and I mean DECADES for me to change but indeed I did. I learned my lesson in the most awful way possible. And I stepped over a lot of skeletons I had to revisit years later in order to grow. And it is an ongoing process.

Please have more respect for yourself than I did for myself when I was your age.

• Like 2

OP, I was in your boyfriend's shoes but found out years after we were married. I am more pissed that my W made MY life decisions for me while SHE got to make informed decisions about our relationship. You really don't care about your boyfriend and what he wants, just as my wife didn't. You really aren't keeping it from him because you don't want to hurt HIM, you are keeping it a secret to protect YOURSELF and avoid the consequences of your choice to cheat, just like my wife did. If you end up marrying him and he eventually finds out, he will question the foundation of your entire relationship, how many times you really cheated on him, how many lies you have told him, whether you are the person he thought you were, and on & on & on. What gives you the right to keep this from him when it could impact one of the biggest life decisions he will ever make? Your choice to cheat was bad but your decision to keep this from him is nothing short of cruel and selfish.

• Like 6
CautiouslyOptimistic
OP, I was in your boyfriend's shoes but found out years after we were married. I am more pissed that my W made MY life decisions for me while SHE got to make informed decisions about our relationship. You really don't care about your boyfriend and what he wants, just as my wife didn't. You really aren't keeping it from him because you don't want to hurt HIM, you are keeping it a secret to protect YOURSELF and avoid the consequences of your choice to cheat, just like my wife did. If you end up marrying him and he eventually finds out, he will question the foundation of your entire relationship, how many times you really cheated on him, how many lies you have told him, whether you are the person he thought you were, and on & on & on. What gives you the right to keep this from him when it could impact one of the biggest life decisions he will ever make? Your choice to cheat was bad but your decision to keep this from him is nothing short of cruel and selfish.

Yes, this!

Edited by CautiouslyOptimistic

OP, wouldn't you want to come clean and give him a chance to make and informed choice when it comes to a relationship with you? Maybe he will be willing to give you a second chance if you come clean, but the longer you wait, the more he will be resentful. Do you want him to be with you because he chooses to do so making an informed decision or do you want him to stay with you because you decided for him and tricked, lied or deceived him into staying with you or possibly feels stuck with you if he finds out years later when yu possibly have a family? Personally, I would want someone with me because they chose to be with me after making an informed decision.

• Like 2
OP, wouldn't you want to come clean and give him a chance to make and informed choice when it comes to a relationship with you? Maybe he will be willing to give you a second chance if you come clean, but the longer you wait, the more he will be resentful. Do you want him to be with you because he chooses to do so making an informed decision or do you want him to stay with you because you decided for him and tricked, lied or deceived him into staying with you or possibly feels stuck with you if he finds out years later when yu possibly have a family? Personally, I would want someone with me because they chose to be with me after making an informed decision.

This is a good point.

The act in and of itself is grounds for breaking up. You're only adding to that probability with each day you allow him to remain in the dark.

It's unlikely he will never find out about this. I don't think you comprehend the level of betrayal he's going to feel if you withhold this information for months, pretending all the while that everything is fine.

He will look back on the previous few months and be sick to his stomach that someone he presumably loved and trusted lied to his face (by omission) every day.

You weren't thinking about him when you took another man in your mouth. And you aren't thinking about him now, either.

• Like 3
No hate from me.

Disappointment? Yes.

Hate? No.

No one here can tell you what to do, just share our experiences , how it affected us, and dispense advice based on that experience.

I am only disappointed in the fact that you use a lot of "Him" statements about how you are going to ruin your boyfriend's life if you tell him, while in fact you don;t seem to understand that ship already sailed and you are just adding extra fees on your hide when the bill comes due, which eventually it will.

And how can I possibly know that bill will come due?

Because you telegraphed it in your reply.

And to be clear I didn't have sex with this guy. it was only oral. My friends say that invent catch anything from bjs so I have yet to go to the clinic.

That is going to be your undoing. Because when you are able to separate and define actions to fit your own narrative, it will simply become easier to continue to do so.

Which means you either didn't understand anything any of us wrote earlier, didn't want to, or are totally naive and enjoy the process of getting advice from extremely uneducated friends who probably never passed a simple biology course.

Your friends telling you that you cannot get an STD from oral and you accepting it as gospel without even taking 1 second to find out for yourself via the vast research and overwhelming evidence on the subject is really the saddest part of the whole story.

So no hate, I'm simply pointing out truths that eventually you are going to have to face.

I will say in parting that your days of cheating on your boyfriend are not at an end. You just made it easier in your own mind to do it again with your justifications. And as much as you like to party an flirt, and have enabling and naive friends at your beck and call, you are traveling down a path the writers of Total Divas would give their left nuts for to get ratings.

It does not make you a bad person, it just means that you will probably be learning this important lesson the hard way. That was what we have been trying to get across to you that you don't have to learn it the hard way. But alas it is not our life.

You have some rough days ahead in your future when it comes to honesty.

Good Luck and please reconsider your position.

Quote for emphasis and AMEN from an atheist!

• Like 1

No it doesn't make you a horrible person just a horrible gf/wife.

Hey I can drink, party and look good. Great accomplishments for being a wife and mom. The thing that I am getting by what you have said is that you are not even trying to be a better person. Your not trying to better yourself for him or yourself.

So, your not telling him for his own good because he wants to marry you and you don't want to spoil that for him. This is such BS I can only say wow. You are not telling him so you can continue the lie that is your relationship. So you can continue to drink , party and flirt with your gf's. So you can be a cake eater. You will do this again in the course you have chosen. Enjoy screwing up your bf's life and happiness. It is obvious you don't give a damn about him. You not changing the behavior that lead to you CHEATING proves your insincerity about loving your bf.

So OP, when is your next girls vacation to Vegas planned for? I suppose if your then husband says he is uneasy letting his new wife go away with her BFFs without him, you will accuse him of being 'dominating and controlling', eh? Do you already have the "I am not your property and am free to do what I want" speech ready to use on him? If not, just ask your enabling gf's for a copy of the speech they used on their significant others...:sick: But, how are you going to explain the STD you are eventually going to give him? :eek:

I'm sorry but you are a horrible person. You gave another person a blowjob while you had a lover of your dreams. You don't justify cheating with "I was drunk", "I was lured into it". There is no justification unless you were forced to do it. Which is not the case. What pisses me off is that you had excuses for why you did, instead of admitting that you ****ed up. You didn't come clean here, and you aren't going to come clean with your boyfriend.

I feel sorry for your boyfriend.

Instead of focusing so much on something so external (looks) why don't you try to focus more on the inside. I've met countless people similar to you. You will never tell your boyfriend. Which is why I feel bad for him.

Edited by flysolo
I've been with my BF for 2 years now, we love each other very much and hope to get married some day. He us the sweetest most perfect man... my soulmate, now i think I messed it up.

We had a girls trip to Vegas over memorial day long weekend, went to a pool party and we met some guys. This very attractive guy paid a lot of attention to me. I love getting attention from men and flirting but I know where to draw the line. So we hung out l, flirted, and drank a lot. After a few hours in most my friends and the sun and booze was getting to me so I was gonna go home, He said he would walk me to my room to make sure I was okay. I agreed.

We get to my room and I go to give him a hug good bye but as we were hugging we ended up somehow inside the room. He said he wanted to hang out and chat. I said okay but told him that I had a BF and nothing was gonna happen. He looked annoyed but agreed. We sat on the bed and chatt3d for a bit and then he started saying that we should have sex. I told him no and that he needs to leave the room. He said fine but the least I could do was get him off because I led him on and flirted with him all day and now i had him turned on. Before I could say anything his penis was out and he put my hand on it. He said I owed him this much. I dunno, maybe it was too much sun and alchohol but at the time what he said made sense and I felt bad for leading him on... so I did what he said... I have him oral sex.

It was a blur and happened so fast. When he as done .. I started crying. He said it was ok because I didn't really cheat because it wasn't real sex, we didn't kiss, and I was naked(my bikini was on but he was touching me under it) He said bye and left.

I feel horrible for what I've done. I want to tell my bf everything because I can't live with this guilt. My best friend tells me to keep this a secret because if he found out it would ruin any potential future we have. She said to just keep telling myself that I didn't really Cheat....

I don't know what to do... I love my bf so much but every time he kisses me all I can think about is what I did to him. I'm holding it together but barely,. When I'm by myself all ibdo is cry... I think I need to tell him but I'm scared at what will happen.... any advice on how I should proceed?

Guilty and Ashamed....

I am sorry to hear this. It will be up to you if you tell your boyfriend. I will say though that there is no such thing as a perfect human being. We all make mistakes.

If you don't tell him, you definitely need to see a counselor to work on the issue of guilt and on why you did what you did, like is this something you plan to do again when you are out with your girlfriends because if it is break up with him right now!!!

It sounds like you do you love your boyfriend and made a mistake. It will hurt him if you tell him. I really suggest you see a counselor. Before taking an action.

There is a quote worth looking at for you.

According to the Gospel of John, the Pharisees, in an attempt to discredit Jesus, brought a woman charged with adultery before him. Then they reminded Jesus that adultery was punishable by stoning under Mosaic law and challenged him to judge the woman so that they might then accuse him of disobeying the law.

Jesus thought for a moment and then replied, “He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.” The people crowded around him were so touched by their own consciences that they departed.

When Jesus found himself alone with the woman, he asked her who were her accusers. She replied, “No man, lord.” Jesus then said, “Neither do I condemn thee: go and sin no more.”