What's up with young girls?

Wow, this thread is amazing.. I was dating my ex for over 2 years from the time she was 16 until 18.. I am 4 years older than she is; I was/ madly in love with her; all of a sudden she brought up all these issues out of no where it seemed. And cheated on me and left me for another guy. Needless to say this other guy has no future (highschool dropout, pothead, unemployed) Whatever, one day she will learn her lesson when he can't put food on the table or support her because hes too high to know what day it is.

(its funny how good guys always get dumped for losers with no future)

That's funny, I posted on this thread over a month ago and it's still going.

This thing is really interesting to read though. What happened to me seems to be a really common occurance.

Either way I'm still having really bad days when it comes to thinking about my ex. Not only does she not want me, she seems to be so messed up, and all I want is to be able to help her. Not being able to help her figure things out is the worst for me. It's hard for me to just let go and not care because I still see her so often. blah

Oh well, I still am slowly getting slightly better. I can focus on other things.

You blame young women for leaving for greener pastures. You guys ever thought that maybe you're not the great catches that you think you are. After all, from the sound of it, you're all still single. No-one else has seemed to realize your brillance.

And besides at least they leave before they go to greener pastures, alot of men (and women) that age decide it's a great idea to figure out if there are greener pastures while still in the relationship.

Holy bitter! Get over it and move on.

They're immature, dont know what they want, need to grow up...and in general are a waste of time. Have to hope you find someone who is mature at that age. My personal experience. I used to tell friends to stay away from them....then I made the mistake of dating a 20yr old. Just wanted a relationship, turned out to be too much to ask.

TzeentchPlayer

It's a case by case situation. There isn't an explanation for every young girls reason for leaving.

I just got dumped about 3 weeks ago by my g/f of 17 years old (i'm 19) and we had been dating for 8.5 months. We were planning on getting married and i had a date to propose to her, although not for another year or two, i still had the date. We were always talking about getting married all the time.

Then one night we have a talk about honesty, we both had decided that we weren't being totally honest with each other and decided to get better at it together. Well lo and behold the next day i get asked a question. "Do you think this girl(a person we both knew from her work) is sexier than me?" What was i to do at the time? We had just talked about honesty the other day! It hadn't occired to me at the time that it was an inappropriate question until it was too late. I was honest because she knew the answer anyways.

This started the break-up process. Apparently i had hurt her to the point of emotional bankruptcy, but a week or so after we broke up i found out that we broke up because of communication issues. I wanted to work at it but she didn't. Now i think she is on her way to a rebound relationship with the brother of the manager(The manager is a gossipy girl who is about the same age as me, who she is very close too) where she works. This guy just got drunk off his ass like a month ago and shaved his eyebrow off! I hate saying it because i still love her, but she is immature.

I have reasons to support her immaturity also. I was very close to her mother in our realtionship and i had talked to her for about 2 weeks after we broke up. She told me that she felt her daughter was making the wrong choices right now and that i was a great guy. She told me that there aren't many guys out there like me, and that i had nothing to do with our break-up.

I had also texted her several times that if she truly loved me she would work things out with me, all i got back was a "**** off." At this point i don't know if she ever truly loved me or if she was just infatuated with me...

In my case she was immature.

They're immature, dont know what they want, need to grow up...and in general are a waste of time. Have to hope you find someone who is mature at that age. My personal experience. I used to tell friends to stay away from them....then I made the mistake of dating a 20yr old. Just wanted a relationship, turned out to be too much to ask.

Pick your reason and move on, folks. (My case was a combination of all three.)

Drivetildriven

Issues, immaturity, and a whorish desire to experience a bunch of other diks before they "settle down." That's my conclusion anyway.

I left that part out of my last post, but I could swear you're talking about my ex gf. She definitely wanted to experience other diks before settling down. I saw the evidence myself. I still see the image in my head....stumbled onto it by mistake...I couldnt have said it better myself.

I am a 19 year old female, and my boyfriend left me. He said he needed to think things on his own. We're in the process of getting back together, but I still think it was my fault that our relationship ended. We had talked about marriage and he said that he knew how he wanted to propose to me, we talked about our house and named our kids. Guys are just as prone to leave a relationship too, it's not just the females.

I know my ex can't see it because she's too self-absorbed with her new-found freedom but maybe one day she'll realize how good we felt together.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh. You can't tell someone else how they felt or will feel.

If I boyfriend ever told me that someday I'd realize how good "we" felt, I'd either start laughing, or worry that he was a control freak.

Not to say you are, but let the girl decide who and what makes her happy. I've had boyfriends who thought they were the hottest sh*t in the world and treated me like gold, but that was in THEIR heads. Over in Treasa-land it was a bit different. :D

Most of the guys in this thread can at least acknowledge that they were good guys who were committed to their now ex-girlfriends.

That doesn't mean they're conceited. It just means they're strong enough to know that they are valuable and it really IS their ex's loss.

lostinmymind

Knowing you were committed, treated your ex well, and believing you have a lot to offer in a relationship is not the same as thinking you are hot sh*t.

I also highly doubt any guy would LITERALLY tell his ex she would eventually realize how good they were together.

Besides, girls always want a guy with confidence. What is more confident then knowing and believing you treated your ex as well as you could and are a great person with a lot to offer?

aguywithnogirl
um.......because.....they're YOUNG. They usually try to settle down once the old biological clock starts ticking, but until then, they're always trying to outdo themselves, get one guy better than the last, never being satisfied until they start to panic, at which point they settle down with the first jerk that comes along and wind up being divorced and alone within 3 years or so.....that about cover it?

Never have I read such a succinct, singularly dead on the money, explanation regarding this all-too-common, and frustrating, pattern.

It's weird. The girl I was dating initially said she wanted to date around..."What do you think about me dating other people" were her words. I said "cool" but wasnt happy about it....she could tell. Then she wanted to be with me and we spent all our time together. Then I started seeing the warning signs. Guys calling ALL hours of the nite and day...when shed talk to her friends it'd sound like she was dating other guys but wouldnt tell me about it. Whenever she was out with her "friends" I'd call just to say hi. She never picked up the phone once. 6 months into it we were on a date and shes telling me shes confused, doesnt know what she wants, and wants to see what else is out there. I just said alright, time to get out now...I did love her at this point. We broke up, then she comes back 3 months later but is seeing some other guy whos probably using her for sex. But shes still confused...I was like Im not going back into that.

I was in a serious, committed relationship from 19 - 23. My gf at the time was 1 yr older. Age does play a role, and you cant be mad at them for wanting to explore their world. It hurts if you care, but maybe there is someone better for them. Ive left things in the past & not realized how good I had it until its too late. Just part of the learning process. I wont date a young girl again.