I feel like I don't belong anywhere

DontBreakEven

DontBreakEven

Maybe I'm just at a low point in dating, but it just seems like nothing pans out. I get super excited about someone, and then for whatever reason they decide it's not for them, or it's not the right timing, or whatever other excuse people come up with. And then I have to go through the feeling of getting over someone I was never even really with in the first place. From all the talking and flirting to absolute silence and forcing myself to forget about them.

I'm just feeling a very low low right now. I work and come home. Work and come home. My job is taking a turn and I'm starting to hate it as well. I just feel like I have nothing to look forward to. I know that I shouldn't rely on someone else for my happiness, and I wouldn't, but being excited about a prospect makes me think that maybe I will have something to look forward to: a family, vacations, dates, etc. Right now I just feel lost. Like floating. Like I don't understand where I fit.

For a second I honestly thought I wrote this.

Ive been exactly where you are. Honestly.

I went through a dry spell from relationships for 4 years after I finished high school. I was constantly not feeling good enough. I would flirt and talk with people, then meet them and usually they would then stop talking to me. I became insecure about my looks, weight, etc. All the possible reasons of why someone wouldn't want to talk to me anymore.

Since then, I have left two relationships that have left me bruised. One right now I am currently trying to get over and Im struggling like crazy.

Its just crazy how we crave someone in our life, then when we finally get it and its gone as well. Things don't work out or whatever else the reason may be. It all leads back to the same place. Single. Now I'm hurting in a different way than before, hurting because Ive lost someone.

All I'm saying is, its never what it seems. I know it feels lonely and it sucks having to get over people who were never yours, but its because you may have imaged they might be one day. It sucks. Big time.

I don't have any crazy good advice for you on this, other than you are not alone. At all. Im right here with you, back to square one.

Your time will come, you will find someone who sticks around, someone who is worth it. Enjoy your time alone though :) use it as the best chance to better yourself and be the best version of you! That way when the one who will stay comes around, you already love yourself like no tomorrow. And hey, if you already do, thats awesome as well!!! Just be patient and know there are others who are going through the same thing, and feel what you do.

Here for you, always :)

• Like 1