Did I Lose Her For Good

Actually i think your responding to her this way was fine. You laid it out there and now, since you did that, you have to adhere to it. No bread crumbs from her and no contacting her. Good for you and hopefully this gives you some piece. Just remember, she knows how you feel. She knows what you want. Going forward do what is only best for you.

FWIW, I had to do this same with an ex one time after we got back in contact. After about another 4 months of dancing around and right after she sent me an very nice, complimentary email, I had her call me and I told that if we aren't getting back 100% to try again, then we should no longer be in contact. That was over 2 years ago and I'm now in a fantastic 10 month relationship that is 100 times better. I haven't heard a word from my ex.

Edited by dumbass2
  • Like 1
  • Author
FWIW, I had to do this same with an ex one time after we got back in contact. After about another 4 months of dancing around and right after she sent me an very nice, complimentary email, I had her call me and I told that if we aren't getting back 100% to try again, then we should no longer be in contact. That was over 2 years ago and I'm now in a fantastic 10 month relationship that is 100 times better. I haven't heard a word from my ex.

It's good to hear that our similar method of handling the situation led to being happier in the long-run, and I have no doubt that in the future I will look back at this and have the same outcome. However, at this time, part of me is wondering 'what if' I just played it cool and went with the flow.

I think it is normal to have these type of thoughts immediately afterwards, did you as well? And for how long? I'm going to follow through with my words no matter what regardless.