Gifts from your MM, AP, OW, etc. that opened your eyes?

MidnightBlue1980
My health and fitness are very important to me. I have a very strict diet and regimen that I stick to in order to achieve my goals. She would often buy me gifts and they would always seem to include a basket of food that she knew I didn't eat. Snacks and such. I don't know if she was trying to be thoughtful or purposely trying to sabotage my diet.

Sabotage.

Women tend to be very aware of things, so I'm sure it was to undermine your discipline and make you feel bad about yourself if you ate a basket of junk food.

MidnightBlue1980
Midnight - your posts are always spot on. My xMM was an amateur, ghosted me through guilt or when he got bored. And bounced back when he got bore. Blamed me for "tempting" him. Push/pull mental games. Did I get gift? Only the gift of ED and PE.

Currently with a professional (yes, back in OW land), a much different class. Takes me out, wines and dines me. If I was a materialistic person, I would probably be more princess-ish about the whole thing and expect gifts.

If you are going to do it, you may as well get some gifts and orgasms out of it. Both types of guys are bad and painful experiences but at least you get something out of the professional.

If you remember from my posts, xmm also suffered from ED as well. Lots of push pull. It's funny writing about it as it feels so long ago. I write from memory of my earlier writings as to be honest, it's as if I was writing about another person, not me.

I've thought about posting an update but I don't have a lot to say. Nothing very juicy.

SammySammy
Sabotage.

Women tend to be very aware of things, so I'm sure it was to undermine your discipline and make you feel bad about yourself if you ate a basket of junk food.

I think you're right. It often felt as if she was doing it to see if she could break my focus.

MidnightBlue1980
I think you're right. It often felt as if she was doing it to see if she could break my focus.

It shows an underlying resentment. Jealousy on some level.

starswewillnavigate
If you are going to do it, you may as well get some gifts and orgasms out of it. Both types of guys are bad and painful experiences but at least you get something out of the professional.

If you remember from my posts, xmm also suffered from ED as well. Lots of push pull. It's funny writing about it as it feels so long ago. I write from memory of my earlier writings as to be honest, it's as if I was writing about another person, not me.

I've thought about posting an update but I don't have a lot to say. Nothing very juicy.

I do remember that! I also remember you saying you're cery attractive, so it must have been a double blow getting the hot girl and then still not being able to perform. No wonder there was so much push/pull with that amount of self loathing from him. I'm sure it's what pushed my xMM on to continually cheat, to see if he'd finally be able to magically eradicate his ED. And if he didn't have ED, I don't think he would have cheated on his wife.

I'm also a gift giver, it is how I show affection and care.

ExMM and I gave gifts, but in his case, he was a difficult man to shop for without being in a clandestine relationship. Then add in no clothes, accessories or toiletries (perfume) and it was even more difficult.

For the most part, we got each other things we wanted/asked for.

This is going to sound awful, but I don't know that I'm able to look at something and think, "MM got that for me." I just had it happened the other day, I was sorting through things in the garage and I came across something I know I didn't buy for myself. Who they hell gave it to me and why? I don't go to tag sales, garage sales, yard sales or auctions. It wasn't here when I moved in to the house. So, somebody somewhere gave me this tool - probably MM.

Reciprocity and communication. I told the ExMM the very least I would tolerate in the afffair/relationship. That did include acknowledging Birthday and Christmas with some thought and what I still think was an appropriate expenditure. He was honest and told me reminders were required.

We did eventually start to have a lot of difficulty buying each other presents. We were together long enough that our financial status changed and we moved up economically. I pretty much have everything I could ever want that costs less than a hundred dollars. He was in a similar situation. So, he would get me flowers and I would get him lottery tickets. Both things we liked, but didn't break the bank.

We still exchange at birthdays and Christmas. We are still friends, just without benefits. I appreciate the gift cards and I know he does as well. It may not be romantic, but we aren't that way anymore.

Southwardbound

Exactly: 'Reciprocity and communication.' - in all things - makes for a good relationship. While, I think gift-giving is part of any good relationship - it doesn't always have to be something material. It's more about knowing that your partner thinks & cares about you.