How to date someone who is grieving?

I'm glad you stayed safe :)

I did. A very caring person came into my life, but we didn't have sex because he was long distance. Lol

• Author
I actually think you need to be slightly careful with this one man, the harder you 'try' the more its going to look like you are trying and where this normally might even be a good thing i think in this case if they think your 'trying' or putting any kind of act on they are going to pick up on that and if she already has suspicious that your game playing then you certainly dont want to come off like you are acting.

You just need to be as normal as possible.

Yeah yeah, makes sense.

I feel like all i can do is be myself, after all im not lying, I do love her, so I dont need to but an act on. But obviously its always going to be a little weird being around people you know have a low opinion you and are probably judging every move.

My gf's parents had reservations about me because i wasn't necessarily what they expected but now we are all good, mostly because my gfs mum says she has never seen my gf so happy.

That's your key, you don't need to be anything you are not, you just need to show that you make her happy, and perhaps in your case you really need to show that she makes you happy!

I hope so :)

I mean they dont have to love me right now, thats cool, but hopefully if our relationship continues to go from strength to strength then in years to come, they will come to support the relationship more because im sure she would like that.

• Author
I guess you just be yourself and be there.

Maybe once they have gone back , you may or may not see a change in her behavior towards you. That might tell you if she is being swayed or not.

Yeah. I'm not too worried about her swaying.

When we first met, obviously she was completely reeling (I mean, she still is in a sense, its still very raw, but i think i see her real personality more these days) and despite the fact she was obviously very close to her parents and family, and a total daddies girl, I definitely see now that at the same time i dont think shes ever been someone who's scared to go her own way., shes certainly not built for backing down haha!

Her folks wanted her to go to law school but she dropped out and to go teach disadvantaged kids in mexico and then came home and followed her dad into landscape architecture. I'm pretty certain now that even if her parents were still alive, she wouldnt have had any worries about bring me home.

It's also possible that they have a guy in their mind whom they want to pair up with her and so don't want you in the picture? Money can make people do unbelievable stuff! Just because they are aunt /uncle , doesn't mean they don't want her money....

Well i dont know them so i cant say but id like to think that that wasnt the case!

Next to her is where you feel you belong -- I wouldn't ignore this sentiment. When a 'person ' feels home , I guess that's when you've finally reached home !
:love:
  • Author
I missed the part of your background! Of course they are going to be doubtful and I guess your gf too will think about it even though it's not a reflection on you !

With this new info , I don't think it's going to turn long term.

Why? Lots of teens act out dont they, is that that bad? I couldn't protect my mum from herself, but my god i tried! And i cant help what my dad did, i haven't spoken to the man since i was 10 years old, I might be his body double, but im not him, im not like him, and yet people will judge me on the things he did for the rest of my life.

That's life.

But she knows all that. She doesnt seem bothered, she reckons all she cares about is 'the guy she knows today'.

• Author
First off, you are adorable. :)

Second, when my father died, I was so emotional, I needed someone there for me soooo bad. If they had tried to kiss me or have sex, I likely would have done it. I clung like a baby and wanted closeness. I say do it.

Aye, I think this is kinda why i wanted to take it slow, because i wanted her to be sure she actually wanted 'us' and didnt just need anyone, if that makes sense.

(sorry to hear about your dad)

This girl is probably thinking "He kisses me (open mouth, I assume?) and tells me I love you, but can't take things to second base??"

Hahah yeah maybe :o:o:o We are past that point now though :cool::bunny:

Dude, its only a couple of months and you are planning for years and years :laugh:

Anyways, if it works for both of you then who am I or anyone else to say stop.If she is not someone to back off then after reading your posts, I conclude that you too are not someone to back off. Well suited :cool:

• Like 1